Help!

I posted 2 pics of him for you to check out. I knew you weren't meaning anything towards me about his color and idk about me being better for him but I'm trying and praying I can do right by him

If you want to help perk him up, try mixing some pureed pears or really ripe raspberries with like a tablespoon of organic honey. They love honey and it helps fight diseases and gives them a boost of energy because of the natural sugar content. Its my go to food for my frugivorious reptiles when they have gotten sick and need a little pep to just keep going. However don't feed too much honey on a regular basis, it is fattening.
The little girl gave me 2 things of baby food when she gave him to me she said he liked fruit.

I would personally soak up evey bit of knowledge andee offers as he knows far more than I do I have a tokay and that's as close to a gecko as I have owned to this one u have. I'm sad to say he is for sure right it's an unhealthy golden gecko I did not kno they could look this Color but with a little research I am 100% behind him

Baby food that is purely fruit based can be used instead of the pears and raspberries, just add the tablespoon of organic honey, I would mix it really well.

I would personally soak up evey bit of knowledge andee offers as he knows far more than I do I have a tokay and that's as close to a gecko as I have owned to this one u have. I'm sad to say he is for sure right it's an unhealthy golden gecko I did not kno they could look this Color but with a little research I am 100% behind him
Ok thanks for the help in trying to identify him

Yeah I have had a couple baby crested I took care of for a friend when they were just hatched... God so cute. Lol anyway, I have also had a giant day gecko or a phelsuma Grandis, which is in the classification of the golden gecko. The golden gecko in my opinion is like a house gecko but also similair to a day gecko. Though they are technically under the day gecko genus I think. I have had up to seven leopard geckos and regularly rehabilitate them. I have also researched tons of different day geckos, leachie, and gargoyles. But I honestly know nothing about toKays. So you got me there replife lol

Now that I looked up golden geckos I am almost positive that is what he is, he has the body type and very muted colors of an unhappy golden gecko. They do best with live vivariums but until then I would get him a low wattage ceramic heat emitter because unlike most nocturnal geckos (which is what I am used to dealing with) need a normal heat range of 75 to 70. A 60 watt blue night bulb or ceramic heat emitter should be fine. I would use a uvb light to signify day time. He should be able to come back as long as he has no serious mbd damage or damage to his kidneys. He needs to misted at least twice a day. They usually don't drink from bowls unless desperate and need higher humidity like chameleons.
What about the human heating pad I am using as a temporary solution..Will that hurt him? It is on low

You'll also eventually want to order some repashy day gecko food. Technically he can live off this even if you can't spice it up with bugs or honey/fruit. Though I always recommend a varied diet. The bulk of his food should be the repashy, because it will be perfectly made for his system to thrive off of, however a varied diet is always amazing for reptiles.

Yeah I have had a couple baby crested I took care of for a friend when they were just hatched... God so cute. Lol anyway, I have also had a giant day gecko or a phelsuma Grandis, which is in the classification of the golden gecko. The golden gecko in my opinion is like a house gecko but also similair to a day gecko. Though they are technically under the day gecko genus I think. I have had up to seven leopard geckos and regularly rehabilitate them. I have also researched tons of different day geckos, leachie, and gargoyles. But I honestly know nothing about toKays. So you got me there replife lol
Y'all have got me on all of this lol

You'll also eventually want to order some repashy day gecko food. Technically he can live off this even if you can't spice it up with bugs or honey/fruit. Though I always recommend a varied diet. The bulk of his food should be the repashy, because it will be perfectly made for his system to thrive off of, however a varied diet is always amazing for reptiles.

It shouldn't hurt him, it should be fine as long as it is kept on low and doesn't short circuit. Just plan on getting a light and also a low level uvb 2.0 or 5.0 at the highest and preferably linear. He will greatly benefit from some uvb his color will perk up.

Actually he's not that young, originally I thought he was a leachie so that would of made him a sub adult. I am honestly sure as a golden gecko he is full grown. Golden geckos can live to be 10 years old. Golden geckos usually only reach around 6 or 7 inches including their tail. So he looks rather large. I am not sure whether he is actually male or not, female is a possibility, I would have to look up how to tell the difference though I am pretty sure I know how, it just probably won't be possible until he's a bit lighter in color. It is possible that golden geckos can be kept as a colony. Though they need relatively larger cages when kept together. Females usually get along and males don't. So no multiple males a cage and at least two females per male. However you will most likely get eggs with that and their eggs I think need to be incubated no matter what. Right now though just focus on getting him better, you can consider a colony later if you want.

Lemme look up the vitamins, if you feed repashy mostly, it is made with vitamins for them.

I have a question andee I don't know if you seen the open air mesh cage I posted a pic of but do u think that would be any better than wat she currently has?

It is recommended to do once a week dusting of calcium with d3. Supposedly these guys get bored easily with too much of the same type of food. But it says it is easily remedied with just something different. Since he is an adult, once he's healthy and looks a good weight he only needs to be fed at most every other day, every third day works too. But you must keep him well hydrated. He is very possibly a wild caught specimen. So once he is doing well and established with you, you might want to get a fecal done just to be sure. I wouldn't suggest taking him out though. Golden geckos are flighty and their skin easily sloughs off if you grab them wrong.

I have a question andee I don't know if you seen the open air mesh cage I posted a pic of but do u think that would be any better than wat she currently has?
I honestly think if you did something open air like that, you'd need to attach a plastic shower curtain on three of the sides. Day geckos and such and recommended to be kept in tanks or combo screen and glass. However there is nothing wrong with open air enclosures as long as you maintain high humidity with them. They need less mistings than chameleons but have generally higher humidity requirements, though still need to dry out. It is recommended that their regular humidity for a general basis on day geckos stays at 65 to 70 percent and no lower, spiking sometimes to 80. This means very short mistings, just enough to get things wet. So that the moisture can maintain humidity and they can drink, but it doesn't stay stagnant. That's why it's usually recommended for them to go in live planted enclosures. However with rehabilitation cases, I never do that. Just so that the gecko is easy to observe and the droppings are easy to find. He should be fine in a ten gallon enclosure at least until he is healthier. Then a single individual should be fine in a 20-25 gallon enclosure.

Yea that's along the lines I was thinking evey one I have found have been in a up right glass enclosure with high humidity i would also worry about possible mold and or mildew as this enclosure is wooden

Back
Top Bottom