Help!!

MrTommy

When I go to touch my veiled he starts to puff up , is there any way I can get him to allow me to touch him?,
I would really appreciate a reply thanks.

Kate

Established Member
I see he is a baby and you have had him for a month. Have you tried hand feeding him? You could also put your finger in front of his feet and hopefully he will step on. You could put a stick in front of his feet for him to step on. Good luck.

MrTommy

He is like 3 months old , I hand feed him everyday he doesn't mind it or when my hand in the cage he's fine just when I'm a inch close he puffs up
Thanks

Kate

Established Member
If you are able to hand feed him you are more than half way there. Keep going and he will start to trust you.:)

MrTommy

Yea I know it just take abit of time, hope he turns into a loving chameleon aha. Ill try this stick thing see how that goes :) thanks

Misled

Mine did the same and is about the same age, I started leaving my hand an.inch away for like 10 mins I'd stay there to let her know I mean no harm then lil by lil was able.to.pet her then I would hand feed after all that , so she knows thaats the hand that feeds her lol,,, and now she climbs right up to me try doing that everyday for awhile

MrTommy

Sounds like a good idea that tbh , I try that if that doesn't work ill go to the stick one Thanks :)

Top Bottom