Help

Vmoreno

Hello my Jackson's Cham he's been black and brown for over a week and a half. When I turn the lights of he turns green but during the day he's dark. But he's always walking around and eating any suggestions.

I would start by checking your temps and humidity. That may be the issue. But filling out the form will give a lot more info to better help you.

Definitely fill out the forma and post some pictures (of the chameleon and the setup itself) so we can figure out why he is so stressed/cold/upset ect.
We can't be sure until you give us all the info.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Jackson's chameleon, male, about 3 months old. How long has it been in your care? A little over a 2 weeks
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? I don't handle him hardly ever.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? I feed him crickets and roaches. Sometimes worms

What amount? What is the schedule? About 10 crickets a day and 4 roaches a week. How are you gut-loading your feeders? , I have some in a bin with potatoes and slices of apples with lettuce.

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I've been using ) phosphorous free calcium with out D3; dust feeders daily

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I have a automatic exo terra monsoon mister, he gets misted 3 times a day for about 30seconds each sessions.I do see him drinking water.

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. His droppings have been normal. Brown at the bottom and white on top, looks normal.

Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? No

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.(no extra info)

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? I have a screen cage 18*18*36

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Exo terra combination light. One side the UVB light the other side a 60 watt bulb.

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Temp 70-75 during the day.Lowest overnight temp? 55-60 at night.How do you measure these temps? I have a tempeture gage inside the cage. And a infrared thermometer

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? Humidity level is at 60-75.How are you creating and maintaining these levels? I put plastic on two sides of the cage.

What do you use to measure humidity? I have a humidity gage in the cage as well.
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Yes live plants they are called draceanas.
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high cage is located in my closet because thats the warmest part of my house.traffic areas?no traffic areas. He's at the way back

At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? About 3 feet from the floor.
Location - Where are you geographically located?im located in Colorado Springs Colorado.

Can some one please give me some advise. I'm very worried, don't know what to do. Here are some pictures hope they help.

Last edited:
Hers a pictiture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 122
I'm very glad that you've posted the requested info and pics.
Most of your care looks great.

There are only 3 things that I'd suggest you change.
The first is to make sure that his basking spot itself is not too hot. 75-80 is good for Jackson's younger than 9 months.
A 60 watt bulb in a combination fixture might be making it too hot to bask--and Jackson's do love to bask!
A 40 watt regular incandescent bulb might make the basking area temperature better for him--but you have to check the spot, preferably with a digital infrared thermometer.

The second thing is that he would likely benefit from longer mistings and the addition of a dripper.
A dripper can be as simple as an empty milk jug with a pinhole poked through the bottom.

The calcium without D3 is very good but he will also need to have calcium with D3 1x once every month to 6 weeks and a multivitamin once a month to 6 weeks.
Jackson's are montane chams and can't be supplemented as much as Panther or Veiled and other non-montane species of chams when it comes to D3 and multivitamins.
many Jackson's keepers only use the plain calcium for every other feeding and you want to be sure the dusting is light, rather than feeding your cham ghostly, frosted bugs.

Lastly, if he is 3 months old, then there isn't anything wrong with his colors.
Jackson's have baby colors and don't change to adult colors until somewhere around 4-5 months of age.

Please have a look at this forum caresheet for some more good info and be aware that on the left of the linked page, there are links to other pages about things like feeding, watering and general cham FAQs:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/jacksons/

Thanks guys here's a pic of his enclosure can you guys tell me if it looks okay or if it needs adjustment because the plant I have in there is getting to Big and hard to clean. I was thinking of rearranging his set up. It also feels like he kinds lost interest with eating crickets after a gave him a worm and roaches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 138
Back
Top Bottom