Help with panther chameleon sex

Antihero383

Established Member
Saw this ambilobe at a local reptile store, they say its male, but it looks female to me, but its been a few years since I've had panther chameleons. My wife wants to get it, but I want a male. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20201030_144955.jpg
    20201030_144955.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 152
Thanks for your help everyone! I've decided to purchase a chameleon from an awesome breeder, but there's a good chance my wife gets this one too, I'm not complaining about getting both.

Thanks for your help everyone! I've decided to purchase a chameleon from an awesome breeder, but there's a good chance my wife gets this one too, I'm not complaining about getting both.
I would consider fecal samples being tested before you cross contaminate anything from enclosure to enclosure. Having more then one brings on the risk of contaminating a healthy one with parasites from a sick one.

I would consider fecal samples being tested before you cross contaminate anything from enclosure to enclosure. Having more then one brings on the risk of contaminating a healthy one with parasites from a sick one.
I have no panthers currently, but I have been setting up some enclosures in preparation, but I understand your point and concern.

I have no panthers currently, but I have been setting up some enclosures in preparation, but I understand your point and concern.
Yeah if your getting two.. Then your issue is cross contamination potential. Never know what the cham has been exposed to prior to you bringing it home ya know. Much easier to treat one rather then two especially with some parasites.

Yeah if your getting two.. Then your issue is cross contamination potential. Never know what the cham has been exposed to prior to you bringing it home ya know. Much easier to treat one rather then two especially with some parasites.
Totally understand your point. Currently I really only have plans for one, coming from a reputable breeder, instead of LLLReptile, which is where the one in question is located, but if I did end up with more than one I'd certainly take the necessary precautions.

Back
Top Bottom