Help with building cage

It would definitely be sturdy!

Like you, I am also a huge fan of screws(T-25), maybe even to a fault. Because of this I am all too familiar with splitting wood! I remedy this by pre-drilling every screw location. Yes, it is an extra step but if you want to do it right it’s required. Pre-drilling is as much a part of the fastening process as choosing the correct type of screw to use. Yes, that particular viv has screws and glue.
Yeah, @ChamFreak 1x2s will be plenty study enough if you're comfortable doing a bit more carpentry.
It's just a few things you'll have to prep to make sure you don't screw it up, but it'll be much lighter.

I would only use 2x4s if you plan on making something huge that you don't plan on moving, or you want to make something quick and dumb in like 15 minutes.

Thank you. Working with chemicals myself I think I will rig something similar up. Not sure our water is great. I may just filter the water and use 2 gallon setups. I have a building so when I move them outside I will drain to the ground. I will setup a 55 gallon drum for intake once I have 50 cages. Until then I will use 10 gallons for inside custom build

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
Thank you. Working with chemicals myself I think I will rig something similar up. Not sure our water is great. I may just filter the water and use 2 gallon setups. I have a building so when I move them outside I will drain to the ground. I will setup a 55 gallon drum for intake once I have 50 cages. Until then I will use 10 gallons for inside custom build
A bit more complicated than you were hoping for?

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
It’s definitely a bit of work up front but definitely worth it. My viv is bioactive so coupled with this system I literally have no upkeep to maintain them. All I do is feed my Chams, everything else takes care of itself!

Okay, so I am very intrested in a bio active tank. I know its the lazy way, but everytime I search it I dont find complete instruction what I need. I will have panthers, so how big of a tank will I need? The concept is all glass right? No screen? I think it sounds more natural. So I am interested. I will have both, but I will need 3 cages more than I have. I am trying to determine what is the best route to go. I am assuming the Bio tank will cost more money? My end goal for this project is to have 2 high end breeding pairs. will have to build these as money comes in due to the high cost per application so I am just trying to get my ducks in a row and see what I can do now.

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
nice work, your floor is just flex seal? any tips, just ordered some. I want a smooth application
5 coats of Flex over 3/4” MDF with drainage channels carved into the floor. 3 coats would be plenty. The finish won’t be super smooth, just the nature of it. But it will be soft, Chams can grip it easily.

Top Bottom