HELP !! Weak veiled Cham

only the vet will tell me exactly what I know, that what he has MBD. I know that the visit will make him an x-ray examination after all the vet would tell me that no remedy or has MBD. I just want to know what should I do?

..That is not a UVB bulb for a chameleon...

Give him to someone who can properly care for him or take him to the vet. That is what you should do. He is suffering, and at this rate inevitably, he is going to die.

That link just led to a basking light. Basking lights and uvb lights are completely different....the reason your chameleon has mbd is because of the lack of a uvb light... not a basking light

The chameleon needs enough calcium in his blood either from injections of calcium or from oral calcium before the injection of calcitonin can be given. If the injection of calcitonin is given too soon too much calcium will be drawn from the blood to be put in the bone and the chameleon will die from a lack of calcium in its blood.

You still don't seem to be giving it any calcium, so putting it out in the sun isn't going to help its bones even though it will help it produce D3. It needs the calcium for the D3 to be able to allow the body to use the calcium.

I believe you need to have him outside at least 2 hours every day. However, as Kinyonga says, that's not providing calcium, that's making him able to process the calcium.

There is no shame in realizing you are in over your head, and you ARE in over your head with this animal. You do not have the experience needed to deal with this situation, and it doesn't sound like you have a reptile knowledgeable vet. Your chameleon is suffering -- imagine walking around sick and in pain with broken bones. There isn't time now to get a different light or *try* different supplements and treatments. Quick decisive action has to be taken immediately -- it should have been done sooner. Your animal is SUFFERING!!! Please please, give him to someone who knows a lot about chameleons and who can afford the large veterinary bills that are going to be required. If you don't know someone like that, please consider having him euthanized by your vet. He is suffering more than you can imagine.

This is not a personal attack -- this is a plea from me for your animal. Please consider what I have said. Please.

Back
Top Bottom