Help Veiled Hatchling Question ???

chameleonsPR

Hello i havea female veiled that laid eggs around the week of spetember 5 , 2007. On March 19, 2008 i found a baby hatchling in one of the two egg boxes around 190 days. I havent seen more action since in the remaining 34 eggs. Are they supposed to hatch a different intervals? The baby that was born, i cant see his eyes open , do they open them instantly? When should he start eating pinheads after born? He looks very green and healthy and moves around in the daytime, i mist 3 times a day. I gave him pinheads today but havent seen him eating, also dont see his eyes open. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

G

Hello i havea female veiled that laid eggs around the week of spetember 5 , 2007. On March 19, 2008 i found a baby hatchling in one of the two egg boxes around 190 days. I havent seen more action since in the remaining 34 eggs. Are they supposed to hatch a different intervals? The baby that was born, i cant see his eyes open , do they open them instantly? When should he start eating pinheads after born? He looks very green and healthy and moves around in the daytime, i mist 3 times a day. I gave him pinheads today but havent seen him eating, also dont see his eyes open. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

G

Yeah, they don't hatch all at once. With veileds, I think I recall they hatch out over a 2 week (or was it 3 weeks?) interval unless subjected to different temperature regimes. And the distribution is more like a bell curve.

They should open their eyes right away. I once had one hatch out and never open its eyes...I think that was a congenital defect. It didn't make it. Try to mist the heck out of its eyes.

Oh, and babies generally don't eat for a couple-few days after hatching. This may be because they have to dig to the surface in nature, or it may be to part of god's plan to allow the keeper time to order pinheads. :)

Steve

Oh, and babies generally don't eat for a couple-few days after hatching. This may be because they have to dig to the surface in nature, or it may be to part of god's plan to allow the keeper time to order pinheads. :)

Steve

they feed on the yolk sack for a couple of days though too....

He has not open his eyes since the day he was born but looks healthy is this normal? They look halfway open.

No. If his eyes look smaller than his sibling, it isn't normal. Mist him alot and pray. Maybe you're lucky and he has debris in his eyes. He looks healthy right now because he's still digesting his yolk sac. If he can't see good enough to hunt he'll die. Mist him.

Back
Top Bottom