- Your Chameleon - Veiled, female, age unknown- estimated 5 months old. She has been in my care 1 week and 1/2.
- Handling - rarely to get her out while rearranging limbs in her cage.
- Feeding - crickets, superworms, I have ordered Dubai and BSF larvae . I have offered squash & kale but she did not eat it. She eats crickets-6-10 per day...split into two feedings with 1 or 2 left over from morning feeding for her to snack on during the day. She has eaten them every day before the second feeding. I have removed any not eaten after the 2nd feeding. I hand fed her 2 superworms with her meal this morning. I am feeding once about 8 am and once about 3 pm. The crickets have been given squash, kale, & oranges and cricket crack. The superworms are in some type of flakes (not sure if it is oats or what they are in) I added some cricket crack.
- Supplements - Calcium w/O D3 daily, multivitamin 2 x monthly, Calcium with D3 2x monthly.
- Watering -drip 2-3 times a day for aprox 20-30 minutes. Hand spray 2-3 times a day for aprox 5 minutes.
- Fecal Description - brown feces with mostly white urates. She has not ever been tested for parasites?
- History - The pet store said they had her in the back due to space and they frequently handled and hand fed her. I have been keeping handling to a minimum since she has been here only a few days and I don't want to stress her.
- Cage Type - 30 inches by 15 inches screen Zoo Med cage- Bigger on planned to fit this summer.
- Lighting - Currently Zoomed 5.0 coil and 40 watt household bulb in a double dome. I have a t5 with 6% Arcadia on the way (being shipped). Lighting is on a timer that turns on from 7 am -7 pm.
- Temperature - I am getting WAY different readings from all 3 thermometers . Zoomed 96, temp gun- 85, AccuRite- 77
- Floor is ranges 65-75 degrees based on where I measure and how much plant cover in that spot. Lowest overnight temp- 64 degrees. I measure the temps with the Zoomed digital thermometer, temperature gun, and AccuRite digital thermometer & humidity gauge.
- Humidity - ~60% (80 after misting) Misting 2-3 times daily for aprox 5 minutes each.
- Plants - some artificial vines with leaves & 2 live pothos along with 2 of another species of plant (I can’t remember what kind at the moment, but I took the safe plant list with me when I bought it).
- Placement - The cage is not near an air vent. It is in my bedroom. The cage is sitting on the floor temporarily until I find a spot or stand. The top of the cage is 30 inches from the floor.
- Location - South Carolina
- Current problem-I noticed the basking spot was getting warmer than it should (according to the zoo med) so I put in a 40 watt bulb. I’m trying to get the temps right, but I am getting totally different readings from all three thermometers. One is way too high, one is way too low, and one is just right. I don’t know which one to believe. I let the two stationary thermometers sit for 10 minutes before reading them. The bulb has been on for 3 hrs. I am getting WAY different readings from all 3 thermometers . Zoo Med 96, temp gun- 85, AccuRite- 77
114.6 KB Views: 15