help setting up a feeder cup, and weaning to roaches

fubekka

Trying to get the cham to eat out of a feeding cup, any techniques that have worked well for you? I decided I hate crickets, and so I ordered a dubia roach starter kit to have my own colony. My only worry is he won't eat them because he's not used to them, so any tips on weaning him? Little info, he's right around 2-3 months old, and hunts crix like a champ. Thanks!

Try hand feeing him crickets like 2 of them and then give him a roach on the thrid one to trick him theis was said by another member on these forums and it worked for him maybe you can do the same.

Flip the bugs over onto their backs and have a stick (or something else that is non-threatening to the chameleon) ready to prod the bug when it stops kicking it's legs. I wouldn't completely eliminate crickets from your chameleons diet as variety is best.

Also, some chameleons just don't like dubias. They may take one and spit it out or not ever try to eat them. It also depends on what your roaches have been feeding on as it changes the taste of them.

Back
Top Bottom