help! questions on carpet chameleon breeding

moluccan

Hi everyone,

i'm new to this forum hopefully you guys can give me some pointers i would be extremely grateful. I currently have four carpet chams, 3 females and 1 male. the females are subadults i would guess? cos they are still green, 1 has some yellow and red markings on her. Recently i put them all together in the hope of beeding them in a 6 by 2 by 4 feet setup. They seem to be living communally without any fighting but i only experienced the male breeding once with 1 of the females, am i doing anything wrongly?? should i take my male out after a few days? i also understand that females will change color to blackish only if they are gravid am i right? please advice. :)

If your females are still just little green beans they they are probably still too young to breed, I would take them out or the male out. I have never had much luck keeping carpets with one another even just females, they tend to stress em... Thats not to say it cant be done though but I keep all of mine alone.

And yes, if they change from this.
Girl2.jpg

To something like this, they are gravid, or unhappy.
145_4581.jpg

If your females are still litte green beans like this then wait.
146_4631.jpg

Last edited:
So Sorry for the confusion but my species is F. minor, not the one in the picture. Will the info above still apply? Thanks Vegas chad for the beautiful pics

PLEASE!.... post some photos of your F. Minors....and were did you obtain them from?

pics on my F minors hope you guys like them

these are the pics of my f minors. i read online that the max temp for these guys are 31 degrees celcius, any comments on this? and also i read that the eggs need to be incubated 23-26degrees celcius for best results is it really necessary to slowly increase the temp of the eggs throughout the incubation period or a constant temp will do fine?? Thanks in advance for the advice

img1135nb4.jpg

img1102tw5.jpg

img1130hf2.jpg

img1108iu1.jpg

img1146px6.jpg

Those are not carpets .. f. Lat Lateralis or f. lat Major...

They look to me to be f[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva]urcifer minor[/FONT]

ryan thanks for the info. in the first place my minors are really choosy about food refusing to eat crickets and prefering grasshoppers, so i have to constantly monitor their feeding which is a real pain. any views on that? Mark? Would love to learn more from you possible to give me some tips on how you bred your minors?

shad i can tell is, the most females dont stay in life when stay are laying the egs.
i was begin with 3.5
2.2 stay in life that whas shit but at the momend i have CB from them end of that animand i have also animals.

Mark

hi mark would like to know how long you put your female and male together for breeding then seperate them? in the picture you posted is the female gravid with eggs or just ready to mate judging by the color. thanks for the help :)

Back
Top Bottom