Help! Pygmy Sun Burn

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!PyGMY CHAM HAS A SUN BURN

I came home just now and there is what looks like a blister on his side what should i do.

Please post a pic so that we can help understand the issue and what to recommend for treatment.

sunburn or is your pygmies shedding?

Do your pygmy looks like this??

DSC02407.jpg

If it looks like this...it is shedding!!

Howdy,

Describe your lighting setup and any changes made recently. What mfgr, model, make of basking and UVB lights are you using? Distances?

I have an Eco-terra with a zilla combo dome hood with a 50 watt hallogen heat bulb and a flourescentbulb around that. Then the highest branch is about 5 to 6 in. Away from the light. I thought I'm support to have a light on them?

On Pygmies you should have no heat lamp unless the temps drop real low, and then you would only need something small to not have them freeze. For UVb you should have something no higher than a 2.0. What are you keeping her in? With that lighting it is amazing you didn't cook her. Do you have a thermometer in there? Temps should be in the low 70's.

Last edited:
Oh. It keep the temp in 80 I thought that's were its support to be.so no heat lamp and how low is to low for the temp cause I as getting scared when it got down into the 60s.

NO NO NO Heat lamp that large! 60-ish at night is fine 70'z even the really low 80's if must be more than that you are WAY too hot!

I have an Eco-terra with a zilla combo dome hood with a 50 watt hallogen heat bulb and a flourescentbulb around that. Then the highest branch is about 5 to 6 in. Away from the light. I thought I'm support to have a light on them?
Howdy,

We need to know more about the UVB source. If the fluorescent UVB tube is also made by Zilla then there is a possibility that it may be one of their dangerous models (UVB burns) that was pulled off the market and refunds made. tell us the exact make/model of that UVB tube.

ok ill try to get one up soon but ive already stoped the heat lamp and its it like 76 right now and ive noticed hes out alot more. so ill try to get a pic up really soon.

Back
Top Bottom