Help please

A humidifier is good for keeping up night time humidity. I have this one and it was also recommended by @ JacksJill but there are other ones as well. I don’t use it often since my humidity stays pretty high
@Chell make sure whatever humidifier you buy is cool-most only and is properly cleaned thoroughly and often! As for the fixture you attached, make sure the free bulb that comes with it is a 5.0, not a 10.0!

The only thing is I have to wait for the cage it’s not in stock till the 19th

Attachments

• 8D1863FF-6718-4CAF-B432-F69FEDE9F5E6.png
    8D1863FF-6718-4CAF-B432-F69FEDE9F5E6.png
    215.7 KB · Views: 66
Also someone showed me these cages would any of these be ok?

Attachments

• EC4BCF21-42C6-4E57-A6CC-D2CEE623B9B6.png
    EC4BCF21-42C6-4E57-A6CC-D2CEE623B9B6.png
    303.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 77C4FF98-D7AB-46B7-A6CA-46179E6DED78.png
    77C4FF98-D7AB-46B7-A6CA-46179E6DED78.png
    265.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 08A63FC2-867A-4B99-B91E-6B05E5622C89.png
    08A63FC2-867A-4B99-B91E-6B05E5622C89.png
    183.5 KB · Views: 77
Please help. My boyfriend sister got a chameleon 2 weeks ago from petco. She told me it’s a veiled. After looking at it I realize it’s a Jackson and told her that. I only knew this because I had a friend who had one and had the horns. She was keeping it in a fish tank with a bowl of water. And a tray of meal worms. She never gave it crickets because she said at the pet store they were only eating meal worms. She did have one heating lamp on it. She also didn’t have any supplements. Her children were constantly picking her up. I talked her into giving her to me. I called the friend of mine who had a chameleon for 6 years that passed away a few months ago. His mother gave me the cage and some stuff like the lights and a few fake plants. I know a lot of people on her are saying glass is not good but he used it for 6 years and not had a problem. I’m asking for help with the right lights I’m using the ones that came with it. I also read temp 70-82 and humidity 50 at day and night temp 60-70 and humidity 100? Of any other help please let me know. Thank you
I’m sorry I’ve been so late to reply. Here’s how I keep my jax:

https://www.kaizenchameleons.com/about-3

Thank you to all of you guys! I’m excited to get everything and have everything all set up. I hope it all comes soon so I can keep helping save this little one. I will send pictures when everything is all set. I’m sure I’m gonna need more help lol.

Thank you to all of you guys! I’m excited to get everything and have everything all set up. I hope it all comes soon so I can keep helping save this little one. I will send pictures when everything is all set. I’m sure I’m gonna need more help lol.
Ok so now you can sanitize branches that you find outside or anywhere I’ll post a link to a video. You’ll want to start getting the plants and repotting so you can set it up when the cage comes. Remember to have everything set up before you place her in the cage. Also read through the like @ Kaizen put for supplements and stuff like that.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QwMzM6Zuzpg
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VkwxsoLGZoQ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7govEIUlM24
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1eJ9jKXCGoE

Ok need a little bit more help. So she will only eat 3-4 crickets a day. I thought that would be fine and after a few days she would start eating more? But it’s been almost a week now. She won’t eat meal worms anymore. She’s getting used to me and last night I was cleaning the bottom of her cage and she climbed on my hand up my arm and just sat there for awhile. I was so shocked 😂 also I know I can’t do anything now with the all glass cage but when my screen comes in is there anyway I can cover some of it with something?

Ok need a little bit more help. So she will only eat 3-4 crickets a day. I thought that would be fine and after a few days she would start eating more? But it’s been almost a week now. She won’t eat meal worms anymore. She’s getting used to me and last night I was cleaning the bottom of her cage and she climbed on my hand up my arm and just sat there for awhile. I was so shocked 😂 also I know I can’t do anything now with the all glass cage but when my screen comes in is there anyway I can cover some of it with something?
Mealworms are no good anyway. Have you gotten any of her fecals tested?

You can cover the sides with shower curtains. As for food I’m not sure I don’t have a Jackson’s (and I don’t know if it’s the same as veileds) but read the link that was posted my @ kaizen it should say :)

You can cover the sides with shower curtains
Or marine vinyl, PVC board, etc. @Chell try to use something opaque, not see through for the sides and back if you do cover any or all of those. If you need to cover the front for proper humidity, use clear marine vinyl for the big swinging door, and make sure to have the screen service door clear and not covered or blocked for adequate airflow with the chimney effect.

Back
Top Bottom