Help please

Is this what you mean by a computer fan? And where do I put it? Her cage has the screen top and then the spot on top where you unlock the door has a bunch of air holes. Then the door alone swings open and when shut and locked it has spaces big enough on the sides and bottom for a small cricket to escape. That’s one reason why I won’t do the cockroach food. I don’t mind crickets here and there. But I can’t take the chance of a cockroach escape lol.

Attachments

• 40C7C6B8-365C-41AB-B227-69228693268D.png
    40C7C6B8-365C-41AB-B227-69228693268D.png
    198.5 KB · Views: 62
Is this what you mean by a computer fan? And where do I put it? Her cage has the screen top and then the spot on top where you unlock the door has a bunch of air holes. Then the door alone swings open and when shut and locked it has spaces big enough on the sides and bottom for a small cricket to escape. That’s one reason why I won’t do the cockroach food. I don’t mind crickets here and there. But I can’t take the chance of a cockroach escape lol.
Oops, I must've skipped over this post. I'll answer it right now.

Try looking for a fan with regular prongs that you can plug into a wall outlet. I'll link one below that I have bought in the past. The fan is actually pretty strong. I'd set it on a timer so it isn't running constantly. I'd just set in on top of the cage (screen) and have the fan blowing air out--this will suck the air out of the cage when turned on and replace it with new air. The gaps that you mention are not sufficient for the chimney effect by itself, but the fan should do the trick. As long as your air doesn't get stagnant and your humidity levels are correct, you should be fine. Though I'll never stop recommending a cage with adequate ventilation. With adequate ventilation, you won't need a fan. Consider it. I'm nervous about a tank with little vetilation--and all your fears would be gone if you got a proper cage. Do you have plans for an upgrade cage? I would recommend you creating a new thread asking for experienced people who have done this, but then you would get flamed here on the forums--nobody recommends a tank with poor ventilation--I'm just trying to find a solution to your problem.

Hopefully, other people will weigh in. I'm nervous about the setup, but IMO and use of rationality, I think you should be fine. We have addressed the issues that lead to RI. If we account for this in the setup, like we have, everything should be good. If anyone on the forums disagrees, let me know and we can discuss it.

Fan:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OXTWZI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And for the escapees, have you tried cup feeding her instead of letting the bugs free roam? If you got dubia roaches and put them in a cup, they wouldn't be able to escape.

--Sorry again for missing this post the first time. Haha, I'm finally going to sleep!

Oops, I must've skipped over this post. I'll answer it right now.

Try looking for a fan with regular prongs that you can plug into a wall outlet. I'll link one below that I have bought in the past. The fan is actually pretty strong. I'd set it on a timer so it isn't running constantly. I'd just set in on top of the cage (screen) and have the fan blowing air out--this will suck the air out of the cage when turned on and replace it with new air. The gaps that you mention are not sufficient for the chimney effect by itself, but the fan should do the trick. As long as your air doesn't get stagnant and your humidity levels are correct, you should be fine. Though I'll never stop recommending a cage with adequate ventilation. With adequate ventilation, you won't need a fan. Consider it. I'm nervous about a tank with little vetilation--and all your fears would be gone if you got a proper cage. Do you have plans for an upgrade cage? I would recommend you creating a new thread asking for experienced people who have done this, but then you would get flamed here on the forums--nobody recommends a tank with poor ventilation--I'm just trying to find a solution to your problem.

Hopefully, other people will weigh in. I'm nervous about the setup, but IMO and use of rationality, I think you should be fine. We have addressed the issues that lead to RI. If we account for this in the setup, like we have, everything should be good. If anyone on the forums disagrees, let me know and we can discuss it.

Fan:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OXTWZI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And for the escapees, have you tried cup feeding her instead of letting the bugs free roam? If you got dubia roaches and put them in a cup, they wouldn't be able to escape.

--Sorry again for missing this post the first time. Haha, I'm finally going to sleep!
Yes I plan on getting a bigger and better cage. I just don’t have the space right now hopefully by may I will be able to put her down in the living room in a quiet corner with a bigger screen cage.

Ok talked the boyfriend into getting a new cage. My spending limit is 125 I can push to 150 any recommendations?? I found theses are they good enough?

Attachments

• 8ACD7D66-E19B-4359-A63D-14DBF0A11287.png
    8ACD7D66-E19B-4359-A63D-14DBF0A11287.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 64
  • C6D1CB32-5F07-4AEA-9FC8-A7D140BD6D1E.png
    C6D1CB32-5F07-4AEA-9FC8-A7D140BD6D1E.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 59
  • B309A0B2-1B5F-4AC3-A576-20D23DBF41CF.png
    B309A0B2-1B5F-4AC3-A576-20D23DBF41CF.png
    292.2 KB · Views: 64
And is this good for a mister?

Attachments

• A95753E0-A5AD-4E8E-A458-0C8ECCCDF675.png
    A95753E0-A5AD-4E8E-A458-0C8ECCCDF675.png
    429.5 KB · Views: 65
Ok I’m home all day and if I’m not someone is usually around. But how do I keep humidity at night?
A humidifier is good for keeping up night time humidity. I have this one and it was also recommended by @ JacksJill but there are other ones as well. I don’t use it often since my humidity stays pretty high

Attachments

• 2F0C0E91-7DA5-4F07-B246-01B2358C2114.jpeg
    2F0C0E91-7DA5-4F07-B246-01B2358C2114.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 54
Definitely go for the 2x2x4, it will spare you money from having to upgrade again.

And for the reptirain, I'm not sure if that's a good investment. You can search up people's reviews of it here on the forums. From what I've read, it is cheap and the pump needs to be replaced often. Mistking is of higher quality and won't break easily. You could probably settle for a humidifier at night to up the humidity. Just spray her cage when the lights go off, once before you go to bed, and when the lights come up by hand, and have the humidifier run from 1a.m to when your lights come on. Also, close off the cage with shower curtain and allow for a chimney effect, and you shouldn't really need a mistking if you are disciplined to mist around those times.

It may not be necessary to mist before you go to bed. If done correctly, misting once when the lights turn off and again when the lights turn on, and humidify at night, your humidity levels should be fine.

Yes Walmart
You can buy the 36” light fixture on Pangea you can put it diagonally, have you purchased it yet? Both the t5ho and Arcadia ones are available in a 36” 6%
That ones good as well just remember you have to replace the bulb every 6 months

Not yet I have a list and prices and waiting for the boyfriend to approve it I know he will but I don’t want to use his card with out him home

Not yet I have a list and prices and waiting for the boyfriend to approve it I know he will but I don’t want to use his card with out him home
Ok you’re also gonna need plants and usually you’ll spend at least $100 or around that for them depending on how much they are it honestly varies. You can get them at Home Depot, Walmart, Lowe’s, a nursery, just as long as it’s the right ones.

Attachments

• 78027037-81BB-4F5F-8B54-AB555CDC1F43.jpeg
    78027037-81BB-4F5F-8B54-AB555CDC1F43.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 7FB66114-1E58-49F8-B603-71E5D660CC5B.jpeg
    7FB66114-1E58-49F8-B603-71E5D660CC5B.jpeg
    929 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom