Help please!!

Hey there, I need some more help from you guys! Chryssa is eating normally again! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making her sick by giving her calcium with d3. I have a variety of different products but almost NONE of them specify whether there is d3 in the products?!? I can't find much on the internet, maybe it's so simple and I'm just not seeing it. Could you help me out?

Products I'm using:

-Reptisafe Instant Terrarium Water Conditioner (water)

-Fluker's Liquid Calcium (water)

-Fluker's Cricket Quencher Calcium Fortified (for crickets, I've stopped using because I think it has d3!)

-Repti Calcium w/o d3. This one is the only one I'm sure is safe!

I'm afraid I might be accidentally making my sweet Chryssa sick. Please help me out here!

-Fluker's Cricket Quencher Calcium Fortified (for crickets, I've stopped using because I think it has d3!)

I'm not sure why you are using the first three at all? Are you using liquid calcium to treat something like MBD?
The water conditioner is used to remove chlorine from the water and is mostly a turtle or aquatic reptile product. So no D3.
Cricket Quencher no D3 but it's junk don't waste your money.

I was under the impression that the Reptisafe Instant Terrarium Water Conditioner was important to remove the chlorine from the water so Chryssa could drink the water. Can she drink tap water straight from the source without conditioning?

The liquid calcium was just an alternative I was told to buy to make sure she doesn't have a calcium deficiency.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be using the Cricket Quencher, lol. I stopped using it for a while just in case. So should I just completely stop using the Reptisafe Instant Terrarium Water Conditioner and the Fluker's Liquid Calcium?

If you are using tap water then the conditioner it isn't a bad idea. I prefer RO filtered or distilled water. I can't prove tap water is a problem but it depends on the tap water.
If your chameleon has MBD liquid calcium if often recommended as part of the treatment. In normal healthy chameleons the powdered phosphate free calcium is sufficient in combination with other supplements.

Thank you so so so much! I'll try to make the switch to RO filters. I read that distilled water still does not remove the chlorine from the water, so I'm thinking that wouldn't be the safest idea, let me know your thoughts on that. For now, though, I'll keep using my tap water with the conditioner I bought until I can do the research and easily make the switch. You're such a help to me, thank you so much!

Hey there, I need some more help from you guys! Chryssa is eating normally again! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making her sick by giving her calcium with d3. I have a variety of different products but almost NONE of them specify whether there is d3 in the products?!? I can't find much on the internet, maybe it's so simple and I'm just not seeing it. Could you help me out?

Products I'm using:

I'm afraid I might be accidentally making my sweet Chryssa sick. Please help me out here!

See my advice below in BOLD.

-Reptisafe Instant Terrarium Water Conditioner (water): Distilled water or RO if you can afford a RO filter system (Roughly $50-$100).

-Fluker's Liquid Calcium (water): Use liquid calcium as directed by a vet if MBD is present.

-Fluker's Cricket Quencher Calcium Fortified (for crickets, I've stopped using because I think it has d3!): Throw this out... Gutload your cricket with the gutloads found here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/food/ The moisture in the fresh greens or fruit will hydrate the feeders and the nutrients will provide all nutrition they need. Calcium dusting will provide the calcium.

-Repti Calcium w/o d3. This one is the only one I'm sure is safe! You also need a calcium with D3 to use twice per month and a Multivitamin to use twice per month.

See my advice below in BOLD.

-Reptisafe Instant Terrarium Water Conditioner (water): Distilled water or RO if you can afford a RO filter system (Roughly $50-$100).

-Fluker's Liquid Calcium (water): Use liquid calcium as directed by a vet if MBD is present.

-Fluker's Cricket Quencher Calcium Fortified (for crickets, I've stopped using because I think it has d3!): Throw this out... Gutload your cricket with the gutloads found here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/food/ The moisture in the fresh greens or fruit will hydrate the feeders and the nutrients will provide all nutrition they need. Calcium dusting will provide the calcium.

-Repti Calcium w/o d3. This one is the only one I'm sure is safe! You also need a calcium with D3 to use twice per month and a Multivitamin to use twice per month.
Thank you!! Do you have any recommended brands for the calcium with D3 and a Multivitamin?

You have a Jackson's don't you? Only use calcium wit D3 once a month and Multi Vitamin once a month. They need less than other species.
Use phosphorus free calcium with out D3 twice a week.
Yes I have a Jackson's. Thank you for the tips, do you have any specific brands you use?

Jacksjill, what are your thoughts on using the Rapashy SuperVite for the 1Xmonth vitamin supp. - Jackson’s Chameleon. Thanks!
This is the Analysis of Repashy Calcium Plus LoD
Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 12.51.50 PM.png

Here is Repashy Supervite
Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 12.53.48 PM.png

Sadly we don't know the specific amount of any nutrient that chameleons require. We know Jackson's require less than panthers and veiled. I suspect this would work but I would use it very lightly (once monthly on only half the usual number of feeders for that day) because that is a whopping dose all at once. It doesn't seem out of line with the other commonly used multi's on the market.

Back
Top Bottom