Help needed - Jackson chameleon supplementation

mtooke

Hi everyone.

I got my new little dude at the weekend and after reading a few threads on here, I purchased these supplements:

ZooMed Repticalcium without D3
ZooMed Reptivite with D3
(I've attached a photo of them)

Am I right in saying that I should give him the Repticalcium 2-3 times a week, and the Reptivite every 2-3 weeks?

He's currently 7 months old.

Thanks for your help.

Michelle

Attachments

• IMG_1328.JPG
    IMG_1328.JPG
    350.5 KB · Views: 120
This is right from the Jackson's care sheet.
"Feeder insects should be lightly dusted with powdered supplement before being fed to your chameleon. As a montane species (native to higher altitudes) Jackson's have decreased supplementation requirements compared to tropical species due to metabolism differences. Use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) twice a week, a multivitamin once a month, and calcium with D3 once a month"
I personally do Rapashy Calcium Plus 2-3 times weekly on hard bodied feeders only.

That's great - thank you so much.

I wanted to make sure I was giving him the right amounts of the right supps.

I had a panther for 5 and a half years, so know about supps, just wasn't sure on the Jackson.

Really helpful though - thank you again.

Haven't managed to get many more as he's a little shy at the moment. It's all still very new, but he'll get there.

Always wanted a Jackson's. Was so chuffed when I saw him for sale at my local reptile shop. Such a beautiful looking little dude.

He does! Is yours a Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii, True Jacksons Chameleon? Where did you get him?
Here is my guy, Scimitar.
JungleScim.jpg

Yes, he is a Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii. I got him from a shop called Amwell Aquatics in the UK. They've been selling reptiles for about 7-8, if not more years now.

Aw, he's cute! Where did you get that name from? Does it mean something? How old is he?

Mine's called Tatu Pembe Joka, or Tatu for short. It's Swahili for 'three horned dragon'.

I had a beautiful ambilobe panther Cham called Skittles. He was my first Cham and was loved by everyone.

He would come to the front of the viv whenever he saw someone and want to come out! Was so cute. Loved that boy.

I had him for 5 and a half years, but unfortunately he got papillomavirus and there was nothing I could do for him, so for his sake I had him put down.

I'll see if I can find a photo of him.

I had a beautiful ambilobe panther Cham called Skittles. He was my first Cham and was loved by everyone.

He would come to the front of the viv whenever he saw someone and want to come out! Was so cute. Loved that boy.

I had him for 5 and a half years, but unfortunately he got papillomavirus and there was nothing I could do for him, so for his sake I had him put down.

I'll see if I can find a photo of him.

Attachments

• IMG_1331.JPG
    IMG_1331.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 139
I use the Repashy Calcium Plus LoD - this was made for reptiles like Jackson's!
I bought the Calcium Plus LoD for my Jackson's and am not really sure about how much I need to use it. What is your dusting schedule? Do you use any other supplements with it?

Back
Top Bottom