Help!! My chameleon is laying eggs!

Panda26

Hey everyone I breed my male and female veiled chameleon around 4 weeks ago and she has been digging a whole for 5 hours and now she is laying her eggs, should I turn of her lights and turn the night one on or keep it day so I do not disturb her?

It won't matter if you leave the lights on or turn them off, but I would recommend you follow our regular schedule.
Don't let her see you watching her while she's digging. She should lay all the eggs one after the other and when she's done fill in the hole and tamp it down return to the branches. She may sleep in the hole overnight...so don't worry if she does.

Do you have a container set up to put the eggs in when you dig them up?
Good luck!

It won't matter if you leave the lights on or turn them off, but I would recommend you follow our regular schedule.
Don't let her see you watching her while she's digging. She should lay all the eggs one after the other and when she's done fill in the hole and tamp it down return to the branches. She may sleep in the hole overnight...so don't worry if she does.

Do you have a container set up to put the eggs in when you dig them up?
Good luck!
Thanks! Yes I do have a container, and everything is ready to go, she is still working on covering her hole right now. And I just keep a light because it was recommended to me when I first got her. I don’t have to use it if you guys don’t think it’s a good idea.

Thanks! Yes I do have a container, and everything is ready to go, she is still working on covering her hole right now. And I just keep a light because it was recommended to me when I first got her. I don’t have to use it if you guys don’t think it’s a good idea.

As for anything else that person told you....forget it. They are obviously clueless about cham care. Please compare what they told you to the cham husbandry information you can find under the Resources tab at the top of the forum. If in doubt, follow forum information.

Back
Top Bottom