Help! My baby chameleon is under the uvb light

@RJChamers Please thoroughly read through the thread before asking questions like that. Part of the problem here is that there are no branches close enough to the basking light to allow for basking. Therefore, there is really no "basking spot temp" without a place to bask, which has been thoroughly covered already.

@RJChamers Please thoroughly read through the thread before asking questions like that. Part of the problem here is that there are no branches close enough to the basking light to allow for basking. Therefore, there is really no "basking spot temp" without a place to bask, which has been thoroughly covered already.
I apologize, I just read the message and moved the top branch higher

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 100
That's a step in the right direction! Not a permanent fix, but it's an improvement for sure. Now the problem is just coaxing him down off the screen (which can be easier said than done)

That's a step in the right direction! Not a permanent fix, but it's an improvement for sure. Now the problem is just coaxing him down off the screen (which can be easier said than done)
Sure is! I have been trying to get him down for a awhile now, j checked how it felt between him and the basking light and it did not feel to bad. I just hope he goes down soon. As soon as this horrible snowstorm is over I will head to pet smart and buy some branches ASAP. What plants do you recommend me to get ?

My only fear is that he gets too tired and drops to the floor since he doesn’t appear to be wanting to go down even though I moved the branch way higher

Some of the best and most commonly used plants include: schefflera arboricola, ficus, and pothos! I have 2 ficus, 1 pothos, and 1 schefflera all in my panther cham's home with a few other plants too

Do you have any feeder insects which might be able to get his attention? Putting a cricket somewhere in view may be able to activate his hunting instincts. Also, if you are watching him closely, he probably won't move from his spot. I would recommend leaving the room he is in and checking back every so often, just briefly, to see if he has moved yet. If he is intimidated by you, he likely will sit still and hope you don't come predate him haha

Do you have any feeder insects which might be able to get his attention? Putting a cricket somewhere in view may be able to activate his hunting instincts. Also, if you are watching him closely, he probably won't move from his spot. I would recommend leaving the room he is in and checking back every so often, just briefly, to see if he has moved yet. If he is intimidated by you, he likely will sit still and hope you don't come predate him haha
I have crickets, I will leave the room to see if he gets down, and yes he probably is intimidated by me:ROFLMAO:

We can believe it ;) The stress just means you care and will only propel you to improve your husbandry

Some of the best and most commonly used plants include: schefflera arboricola, ficus, and pothos! I have 2 ficus, 1 pothos, and 1 schefflera all in my panther cham's home with a few other plants too
Thanks I will be looking to buy one or two of those after all of this hopefully.

I also was 30 min outside my room but he stayed in the same spot, he doesn’t seem to be stressed when I approach him but he does no let me get too closed

Back
Top Bottom