help!!!!! my adult vieled on the bottom of his cage

Gout on top of a RI and mouth rot is not good. :( There's not much to do to treat gout effectively and it is very painful. He may have been hanging from his tail because it hurt too much to hold onto the branch. I'm sorry to say that it does not look good. But you're doing everything you can to help him, it's not your fault! It sounds like his previous owner did him no favors at all. Just be prepared if it does not go well. :(

My wife just told me he's on the bottom of his cage.... right now ,and he hasn't moved for a couple hrs, can gout be cured?

It is very difficult to cure gout in reptiles. It's difficult in mammals and birds so the slower metabolism of reptiles makes it even more difficult. My father-in-law suffers episodes periodically and they take a while to get under control. Results of treatment in reptiles are usually minimal at best from what I've seen and heard of and it looks like your guy has an advanced case of it. I hate to be so pessimistic but odds are not in your favor here unfortunately. :(

Yea I completely understand ,hes such a beautiful guy,turquoise and 19 inches ,and I have a 6'*2'*4' cage I just built him ,to bad his owner was dumb...he has been at the bottom for hours ,and I put him on the basking spot and when he went to walk he was shaking tremendously ....I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst ... :'(

Back
Top Bottom