HELP! Moved home, now not eating.

Recently moved my 8 month old healthy male Cham from a 46x46x60cm glass home into a 50x80x100cm mesh home. 2 real ficus plants. 1 fake. Horizontal and vertical vines.

60w heat. 18inch UVB. 34c basking 27c ambient.

He's been in there for 3 full days. Since then I believe he has only eaten 5 locust. This isn't normal for him as he has at least 3 a day. Today I put 8 in.. I came home and 8 are still in there literally sitting next to him.

Is this normal behaviour after moving into a new enclosure? Any advice would be more than welcome!

Yes they will go of food for a couple of days when moved to a new space. I would expect his appetite to go back to normal today or tomorrow. For now check your basking and ambient temps just to make sure that isn't the issue.

It's fairly normal behavior for reptiles to go on a hungerstrike after being moved.

Try getting him to eat with some waxworms or w/e just don't keep adding food obviously.

What's the temperature in the new cage compared to the old in the basking area especially? Humidity?
Hi there! I have managed to keep the temperature the same. 34c basking 27c ambient. I did this by going from a 40w bulb in the glass tank to a 60w bulb in the mesh one. Humidity ranges between 35%-55% depending on when the last mist was

Thanks

Their appetite depends on them being warm enough to digest the food so they will feel hungry again ...so any changes you've made to their environment that affects the temperature will affect them.

Back
Top Bottom