help me save a cham

What kind of cage do you have her in? The lights are right-I would have basking bulb close to 85-90 range. She may be black from stress and the new environment-if she is on the bottom I would not think she was trying to get warm. If she is 5-6 months I would have a laying bin in there just in case-but like I said hard to guage from pictures. I would put a few crickets in there just in case she is hungry.

What kind of cage do you have her in? The lights are right-I would have basking bulb close to 85-90 range. She may be black from stress and the new environment-if she is on the bottom I would not think she was trying to get warm. If she is 5-6 months I would have a laying bin in there just in case-but like I said hard to guage from pictures. I would put a few crickets in there just in case she is hungry.

She is in a 16X15X20 all screen cage.

She is for the most part motionless, she is solid black and her eyes are completely shut (I'm guessing she is still injured from the coil bulb). She is also refusing to eat :confused:

OH. That does not sound good. What happens if you put her up on a branch near the basking bulb?

OH. That does not sound good. What happens if you put her up on a branch near the basking bulb?

I just sprayed her and her cage thoroughly for several minutes, she hates the water so that forced her to move. She is now up in her basking spot with her eyes fully open. Should I continue to try and feed her throughout the day? Or should I let her adjust?

She is also refusing to drink, things are bad :confused:. It's going to take a few days for her to get settled, but by then I am afraid she will be dehydrated and even more skinny. What can I do to make her eat and drink?

I would just leave her be. Can you take a few pics?

I am trying to approach her as little as possible at the moment, everytime she sees a human she becomes very black and stressed out. I will try to post some more pictures as soon as I can. She is currently her lima bean green color and she is basking under the heat lamp, her eyes are still shut and she only opens them when she senses me near her.

I keep watching her closely and my guess is that her condition is the result of her exposure to the UVB coil bulbs the pet store was using. Her eyes are constantly shut and she rubs them every once in awhile, which are symptoms of coil bulb exposure. My guess is that she has been temporarily blinded and is having difficulty seeing, hence her high amount of stressful colors. Her temporary blindness is also causing her to become lethargic, which is leading to her loss in appetite and drinking both of which could explain her skinny frail body. Do my guesses sound accurate? I have yet to find a fecal, which should help tell me more about how she is doing.

Back
Top Bottom