Help Me Please!!!!!!!!

Treetop Chameleons

Established Member
OK i don't know if the pic is going to show , but I'm trying to find out what kind of gecko this is. i have never had one before. this one is a rescue one of the Pet stores i used to go to ditched out on there rent and the movers had this little guy outside in the cold left to die and i could not let it just die so if anyone has any inf let me know please.

um, I'm not great on my gecko ID's other than some obvious ones... perhaps a fan-footed gecko, spotted gecko, or crocadile gecko? Sorry that's not much help. Good luck! And I'm glad you rescued him from the cold!
~Chrissy

hear are some more pics and some of the other kids just for fun.

Attachments

• randalls pics 149.jpg
    randalls pics 149.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 224
  • randalls pics 147.jpg
    randalls pics 147.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 224
  • randalls pics 150.jpg
    randalls pics 150.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 190
  • randalls pics 107.jpg
    randalls pics 107.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 211
  • randalls pics 069.jpg
    randalls pics 069.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 225
Leopard Gecko would be my guess. Young too it looks like. Tail is still slender. Morph version? I would have no idea what color class (morph) he would be called.

Last edited:
i think they are just regular pads i don't really know what to look for i am not familiar with geckos i know about chams, dragons,iguanas and a few other reptiles but i have never had a gecko like i said this a rescue so geckos are totally new to me. it looks like he has treads on his pads so i don't know if thats sticky pads our just normal tread.

its for sure either a leopard or crocadile gecko.

leaning more towards leopard because they do not really change looks while growing. I have never seen a croc gecko other than full grown ones. the skin color tells me croc, but the texture of the bumps is telling me leopard.

Howdy,

Your critter is definitely not a leopard gecko and for comparison, here's a mediterranean house gecko that I had years ago...
MediterraneanHouseGecko.jpg

He is definately not a leopard, and house geckos are a more arboreal, as opposed to this terrestrial species. Based on my knowledge of geckos and the picture you posted, i would have to say its a Tarentola mauritanica (crocodile gecko). However, i could be wrong. Where is Julie Burgman when you need her!:p Cheers,

-Cala-

he's def. not a leo, the tail doesn't look right. can you give us a size? if he's small, he could be a house or maybe an "american" gecko. check out http://www.gekkota.com They have a ton of pictures of different geckos. I got through about 1/3 before getting confused, but if you have the little guy in front of you, you can be a better judge of what you see.
Good Luck!

Hey, I have one of those. Im still not sure what is is, Ive had it for a little over a year and I caught it in Mississippi. (I mean to release him/her as soon as I go somewhere with the right climate again) I know it LOVES mealworms and I havnt had any problems. I keep it at room temperature and he seems to not like to much heat. I do have a uvb light because Im not sure if it needs one or not.

From my research it seems like a tropical house gecko but I could be wrong. He seems more nocturnal to me, but that might be because its so scared of me when im in the room.

It doesnt get any bigger than that, as far as I can tell. because mine hasnt grown in all this time. It doesnt have the type of stick pads as frogs, but it can climb strait up the side of its enclosure and it can hang upside down on my hand just by its feet and it feels like it has stick pads, just not moist at all.

I give it water by dripping it on its nose with an eye dropper, thats the only way i can get mine to drink.

What ever it is, good luck!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom