Help Me Out Gecko Lovers!

mbondy

So I found a cheap 18x18x24 Exo Terra off Craigslist and need to put something in it in the next few weeks! I've Cresteds and a Gargoyle, and also a Leachie. So I would like something that will feed off CGD as well and have similar care requirements. Any suggestions? I love my geckos ;) I'm thinking of a Halmahera, but not sure if I'll be able to find a CB.

Last edited:
Thank you =) I like chewies but raising another baby means I'll have two large geckos to house =O I've been thinking of buying another crestie female and house my girls together but I do have concerns about future fighting issues. Decisions decisions!

Why not get another Garg?

Also- Have you looked into Day Geckos?

-Chase

I've been thinking about buying a female garg that is a juvie and switch my tanks around. I've briefly looked into Day Geckos but I want something I can handle occasionally. I've seen some tame ones but I wouldn't know where to find one. I like my fingers ;)

Thank you =) I like chewies but raising another baby means I'll have two large geckos to house =O I've been thinking of buying another crestie female and house my girls together but I do have concerns about future fighting issues. Decisions decisions!

You shouldn't really have too much problems with lady cresties together. We've got 1.2 in the same tank and zero issues.

I don't know that i'd keep two gargs in the same tank though, I hear they can be jerks.

You shouldn't really have too much problems with lady cresties together. We've got 1.2 in the same tank and zero issues.

I don't know that i'd keep two gargs in the same tank though, I hear they can be jerks.

I had two females together and just became paranoid, plus she was a jumper :eek: and CRAZY. So I sold her.

I've a male garg anyways so either way I couldn't keep two together. I don't have plans to breed for at least a decade if ever. I looked into the day geckos and supposedly they can be docile. I found this site. http://giantdaygecko.com/index.html
They look like they produce some very nice animals. I'll have to look more into their care requirements and temperatures before I really pursue anything. Thanks for your input! :D

I had two females together and just became paranoid, plus she was a jumper :eek: and CRAZY. So I sold her.

I've a male garg anyways so either way I couldn't keep two together. I don't have plans to breed for at least a decade if ever. I looked into the day geckos and supposedly they can be docile. I found this site. http://giantdaygecko.com/index.html
They look like they produce some very nice animals. I'll have to look more into their care requirements and temperatures before I really pursue anything. Thanks for your input! :D

Just thought of this, does it have to be an arboreal gecko?

-Chase

Just thought of this, does it have to be an arboreal gecko?

-Chase

Not necessarily, but it would have to be okay with an 18x18x24. I just prefer not having to deal with insects on a daily basis, once to twice a week is fine. The simplicity of CGD is great.

I lean towards nocturnal so I don't have to deal with a UVB. I would get another leachie, but an adult is expensive. I found a nice male for $400 but I've college to pay for.

Not necessarily, but it would have to be okay with an 18x18x24. I just prefer not having to deal with insects on a daily basis, once to twice a week is fine. The simplicity of CGD is great.

I lean towards nocturnal so I don't have to deal with a UVB. I would get another leachie, but an adult is expensive. I found a nice male for $400 but I've college to pay for.

How about Rhacodactylus sarasinorum? Their fairly cheap, and look pretty cool, in my opinion.

-Chase

Back
Top Bottom