help me determine locale of female panther

staysixsixsixkid

i was told she was a nosy be when i bought her 3 months ago, now i tend to think otherwise. can someone please tell me what they think she is, im thinking along the lines of sambava... sorry for the blurry pictures

S5000499.jpg

S5000500.jpg

prism chameleons sold a hybrid nosybe/ankaramy once that looks VERY similar to yours but your pics are blury so im not sure. anybody else think the same?
jose

prism chameleons sold a hybrid nosybe/ankaramy once that looks VERY similar to yours but your pics are blury so im not sure. anybody else think the same?
jose

No, I don't think it looks like the hybrid male nosy be/ankaramy offered by Prism a while back. I think it looks like a female panther. If I were forced to guess, which I wouldn't want to do, I would also guess Sambava because of the U shaped barring on her side. My female nosy bes have quite a bit of blue on their cheeks and sides, my female sambava doesn't. I haven't paid a lot of attention to their barring, but I am pretty sure that my sambava female has the U as well. She could be a hybrid, or she could be just what the seller represented. It is hard to tell with the females. The only way to really know for sure is to prove her out.. or disprove her. :(

Heika

That is a female and it is very difficult if at all possible to actually distinguish the differences between the locales of females. Sometimes you can take a guess by looking at their rostral projections and their heads (i.e. Ambanja tends to have a more protruding nose area than say your Nosy Be's that have a more narrow and more blunt rostral process - other locales will have different head sizes). The hybrid Nosy Be/Ankaramy I had for sale some time back looks nothing like the photos and if you'd like to see one you can take a look at: http://www.prismchameleons.com/OtherSpeciesForSale.html

He was actually a beautiful hybrid and with perfect barring.

Good luck with your female! The only way you can really tell for 100% is to have a first clutch of her eggs hatch and see what colorations the males turn out to be. It is what all us breeders have to do with wc females we buy as well, as mistakes can happen all the time during the shipping process and you think you are buying a particular locale of female, only to find out later she was actually a different locale. We are totally dependent upon the seller as to what locale a female is. Sad, but true. Females just all basically look the same for the most part! And the first clutch of eggs tells us the truth in the end. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom