help Louie acting sick

Thank You everyone

Thank You for not condemning the bad mom. It is difficult knowing I was trying to do the right thing and failed. I will definitely learn from this. :eek:

I think my boyfriend thought that Louie was taken from the wild. When I stopped crying he finally tried to let me know why he told me " No more chameleons if your going to kill them". I just got very sad and wouldn't talk to him. He told me I should leave the chameleons in the rain forest where they belong...:confused:

I told him he came from a farm in SC. Louie is captive bred. My poor boyfriend means well. I guess it is hard for him too. I even make sure all my live rock and saltwater fish are aqua-cultured or captive raised.:)

I hope I don't lose him. He has such a personality. Oh yeah did I tell you when he pooped today he made sure to make sure it was ON ME:p

If I get another cham I will not make the same mistake!!

After reading your last post, I'm thinking something must be bothering him in his surrounding. Does he try to hide? Or more out in the open? Do all four sides of cage seem open to animals view? I'd try blocking his view on two sides of the cage. Can be as simply as put up sheets or cardboard. This may give him a more secure feeling. Cause we now know he has ability to change to his happy colors in the shower, and the black, dull colors are not bruise or burns.

For SSimsswiSS:
Lol. i don't know why but your picture makes me laugh.
he's an angry fat and beautiful veiled chameleon.
(this is a compliment, BTW).

The way you hold him like that and how he reacts.
hahaha. He is definitely not happy.
:D

SSimsswiss, You have one of the most gorgeous chameleon i've ever seen

For Jeanie:
Don't b discouraged.
Learn from your mistakes and correct the situation.
and hope for the best.
I am rooting for Louie.
Hope he'll b able to pull through.

Last edited:
The plant you are using in the cage...is it non-toxic? I know it contains oxalates and can cause dermatitis.

What brand and type (compact or linear/tube) UVB light? Basking?

Look at the supplements, what you feed the insects to see what in the way of phos., D3 and preformed vitamin A.

You said your chameleon has a weak grip and falls off the branches? Does he lift his body off the branches when he walks?

WOW SSimsswiss, your guy looks like one angry fat mofo hahaha. again that is a compliment!

Jeanie, you are doing all you can, just know that and it will make things go much smoother. Good luck!

sad/ bad news

Louie passed away. He just didn't have the strength to try any more. I knew I had to say good-bye, but it is hard. He actually turned a very pretty color right before he passed away. Maybe he was happy he didn't have to be in pain any more.

I want to thank everyone for their help through this difficult time. Some day I may be ready for another cranky, personality + chameleon. I did love Louie...

The ups and fed ex man will not have to worry about the scary looking chameleon that hisses at them from the ficus tree any more. It's amazing how to start to love them for exactly who they are.

Jeanine

Omg I'm cryin over here... My baby did the same thing before she passed (r.i.p Lily) . I was actually holding her and she wrapped her tail around my finger and she turned such a bright green and passed away in my hand... Ah I get so choked up! I'm sorry for ur loss, but like u said... He's no longer suffering :(

Louie passed away. He just didn't have the strength to try any more. I knew I had to say good-bye, but it is hard. He actually turned a very pretty color right before he passed away. Maybe he was happy he didn't have to be in pain any more.

I want to thank everyone for their help through this difficult time. Some day I may be ready for another cranky, personality + chameleon. I did love Louie...

The ups and fed ex man will not have to worry about the scary looking chameleon that hisses at them from the ficus tree any more. It's amazing how to start to love them for exactly who they are.

Jeanine

I am sorry to hear. i hope your feeling better.

I am sorry about your loss, they are all characters every single one of them.

Just remember him in the good times and the good memories...

Back
Top Bottom