HELP ! LOST MY VEILED :(

I remember reading that.

Me too. It was a block or two away from where it was lost I believe. There's always hope. I couldn't see how one inside, could manage to get outside though without an open door or window. They aren't super fast either... GOTTA be looking for food and water.

Hey guys, I get notifications every time someone posts here and it's like a stab to the heart... ^ they can definitely DEFINITELY be super fast. Moody never showed herself and I'm not looking for closure, like another user said, that might just be more devastating.

I CANNOT EFFING BELIEVE IT...I TURN AROUND IN THE KITCHEN TODAY AND THERE SHE IS. THREE MONTHS LATER....... she needs SERIOUS rehab, tlc, shes super dehydrated and I think may have eggs inside her, once I get her out of the shower I'll post pics and any advice and help would be so appreciated, I just gave her a shot of calcium left over from when my male veiled rescue had MBD and am running the shower now, force fed her one cricket which she took like a champ.....i cant believe it you guys....still crying (tears of joy)..........this just seems too unreal..I have no idea how she lived so long on her own but WHAT A FIGHTER !!!!

NO IDEA. So my best guess, we got a new dishwasher installed about a year ago that wasn't the exact size of our old one, i have NO IDEA how she got access, but she must have gotten inside the wall where the extra space was, and the dish washer must have leaked JUST enough for her to have enough water to stay alive. I am SHOCKED. I do have a male veiled as well, I'm wondering if she was living on the few escapee crickets that somehow made their way back there, i dont know i feel crazy even thinking of how she survived, but she did. Long road ahead of us but I think she's gonna make it......she made it this long I think shes got QUITE a bit of fight in her <3

Wow, I hope you can get her back to good health. Sounds like she's had it rough. Shower was definitely the right way to go. Where was she in the kitchen?

For everyone asking "any luck" and commenting on this like it's a new thread still.... Check the date this thread was started. It was started on Feb. 2nd with the author claiming the chameleon had already been missing for a day. It is now Feb 25....

This statement was posted by the author on Feb. 20th in regards to if the Veiled had been found:

So.... not to be mean or anything.... but it's probably safe to say that the chameleon is gone for good somewhere..... :(
Very unfortunate for Charlotte..... but let this be a lesson to EVERYONE to NEVER leave a chameleon unattended unless the area it is roaming in is NO LESS THAN 100% escape-proof. If there is ANY way to get out, your chameleon is sure to find it. They are little explorers.

Just my 2 cents.
A good lesson on not giving up hope.
You are correct in that. Maybe it's best to not know where it went though? Could of just crawled off and died on its own.....not that bad. Wouldn't be that bad to find. But what if it met a terrible fate with another animal, and finding the remains would be devastating.

Could be good or bad, yet closure either way of course. My apologies.
If you lose an animal in your house it is always a good idea to look for it even if it is dead. Nobody likes dead animals rotting in their house.

I CANNOT EFFING BELIEVE IT...I TURN AROUND IN THE KITCHEN TODAY AND THERE SHE IS. THREE MONTHS LATER....... she needs SERIOUS rehab, tlc, shes super dehydrated and I think may have eggs inside her, once I get her out of the shower I'll post pics and any advice and help would be so appreciated, I just gave her a shot of calcium left over from when my male veiled rescue had MBD and am running the shower now, force fed her one cricket which she took like a champ.....i cant believe it you guys....still crying (tears of joy)..........this just seems too unreal..I have no idea how she lived so long on her own but WHAT A FIGHTER !!!!

Well isn't that a pleasant surprise!

She will take a long time to rehydrate--days. Good luck.

Wow! That's a surprise!

Hydration is absolutely critical right now and getting her access to a laying bin if she does need it. Keep us posted.

please post a pic of her, i cannot believe shes still alive. thats so crazy!!!! i hope she makes it and she recoups well. does she look lie she has mbd or anything?

This is crazy!!! Wow! So awesome you found her!

I had a snake that did that once. He was missing for months and then as I was packing for college, I opened a desk drawer and almost had a heart attack as he was just sitting there in the drawer. Scared the crap out of me! Lol

That is nuts! I have heard of them surviving outside but that would make sense with rain and wild bugs available. How in the heck she lived is a mystery. I know adults can go weeks and maybe even a month or so without food, but yours being so young just does not make sense. Also, no lights to warm up and no uvb?? Lucky your cat never got ahold of it either. I think I would change her name to miracle! Would love to see a picture of her!

THANK YOU guys for all your good vibes and well wishes! She has no mbd whatsoever, once I put her in the shower she perked right up and started climbing all over her hibiscus, very strong!! So at this point she is about 7 months old, she of course is much bigger than she was when she went missing (which is CRAZY, I have no idea what she ate or how she survived, we live in an old SoCal apt on the beach so I'm guessing just enough random bugs got to wherever she was) ANYWAYS, I can't tell if she has eggs in her or is just bigger than I'm used to, she's still pretty young. Here are some pics of her, when she showed herself she was covered in shed, and like almost black and yellow looking, VERY alarming (I thought this was a day late April fools joke from my boyfriend when I first saw her, I thought she was a TOY) and of course eyes sunken in like crazy, and then some progress shots of her throughout the day yesterday. Hydration is what I'm being most adimint about right now, but she's definitely gonna pull through, she's QUITE the fighter obviously :) Ok here are pics, any input and advice is greatly appreciated !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 408
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 377
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 365
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 378
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 347
She looks great. Just keep giving her long showers many times a day for many days. Treat her the way one would treat a dehydrated wild caught. Hydration, hydration, hydration. Keep hydrating with long showers (15 or more mintues many times a day) her even if she looks hydrated. Severe dehydration can cause kidney problems months or years later, but she might be just fine. That was some April Fools joke she pulled on you.

That is nuts! I have heard of them surviving outside but that would make sense with rain and wild bugs available. How in the heck she lived is a mystery. I know adults can go weeks and maybe even a month or so without food, but yours being so young just does not make sense. Also, no lights to warm up and no uvb?? Lucky your cat never got ahold of it either. I think I would change her name to miracle! Would love to see a picture of her!

Pics added this morning ! Thank yo so much for your well wishes!!

FANTASTIC NEWS, so nice to hear this!! What an amazing naughty girl u have lol!! Glad she is back safe and well, may god help her make a full recovery xx

She looks good, especially considering all she was deprived of for the last two months. I still am stunned! Wonder why she finally came out of hiding?

Back
Top Bottom