Help! Leg turned inward/grabbing leg

MadBlasta

I'm worried that my chameleon may be developing MBD because she keeps grabbing at her front right leg, and her front left leg seems to be twisted inward. They are not bowed or anything, but I'm very worried about her! She has been hanging out at the bottom of her cage since last night, and I thought that maybe she was jsut down there to rub off skin (she is in the middle of shedding) but she seems unable to get up to the top of her cage. I have been gut loading the crickets with cricket drink and I sprinkle the superworms with repti-calcium. What more can I be doing to help her? I really want to do a good job and make sure that she is healthy! :(

Fill out the how to ask for help form in the health section. It's stickied there. That way we can correct any mistakes you may have with your husbandry. Also I suggest posting up some pictures.

That is a classic sign of MBD. You should use plain calcium every day on both crickets and superworms, and use a multivitamin with D3 twice a month. The cricket drink is not a gutload - start feeding your crickets fresh fruits and veggies along with something like Bug Burger and ditch the cricket drink entirely.

What's the status on your UV light? They only last about 6 months before needing to be replaced. D3 is critical for the processing of calcium.

I have two UV lights. Both were replaced less than a month ago. The cricket drink says that it has calcium in it (and is called gut load cricket drink) so do you think I should still ditch it?

If it's by fluker's then yes. Fluker's is a horrible brand with very little nutrition and is way over priced.

Back
Top Bottom