HELP! Is she sick?

Every once in a while she opens her mouth.

Attachments

• 20190315_161435.jpg
    20190315_161435.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 73
Around 11am.
She is extremely dehydrated. what are your heat levels and how are you checking these. If you are measuring from the bottom of the cage you are only getting an ambient temp. With a 100 watt bulb that will be producing major amounts of heat. Are you checking this at basking level?

Right now shes in the shower at the moment. no uvb light yet wont get it until the 24th it's just the heat bulb right now
So you have never had UVB lighting? This is the main issue then.... She is declining because she is getting sick and her body is breaking down from not having a UVB light. I think your heat wattage is too high to be at an 85 at basking which means it is hotter then that which is another reason why she is so dehydrated. She needs a UVB light now not on the 24th. She can not wait 9 days.

Heat stays between 76F-80F night drop and 69F I have the lamp on her cage to raise the temp in the mornings then moved up on a clip after it reaches the mid 70s

Well the only pet store we have close to use is an hour away it says the 22nd now. I'm new to all of this I'm just learning.

Well the only pet store we have close to use is an hour away it says the 22nd now. I'm new to all of this I'm just learning.
I hate to say it but this is why a cage set up is more important then getting the pet first. If Husbandry is off the poor things will decline

Heat stays between 76F-80F night drop and 69F I have the lamp on her cage to raise the temp in the mornings then moved up on a clip after it reaches the mid 70s
What do you mean you move it up? She should have it consistently for 12 hours of light sitting on the top of her cage. Basking should not be hotter then 85 which is why I am concerned about you using a 100watt bulb.

I'm only doing what I was told to do. I wasnt able to get a cage set up only the cages I could purchase there, when I noticed something was off I started doing more research, I've had many reptiles and insects before just never a chameleon she is very new for me.

I'm only doing what I was told to do. I wasnt able to get a cage set up only the cages I could purchase there, when I noticed something was off I started doing more research, I've had many reptiles and insects before just never a chameleon she is very new for me.
It is fine you are here trying to learn but if you do not make the changes she will not survive. I am not trying to be harsh but we see it here every day.

That's why I raise it if I leave it on her cage it reaches to 86°F when I raise it, it stays around mid 70s
She has to have a constant 85 degrees on the top of her cage. She needs the heat to digest her food. This is why they are left on the cage and never taken off. They are left on for 12 hours of light then turned off with any other lights for 12 hours of darkness.

Back
Top Bottom