HELP! Is my chameleon dying?!

CharlieCham03

He just did this today, my chameleon. He had his mouth open and he was waving his head side to side. Is this a sickness and what should I do help!

Attachments

• 99062587-677A-4052-8E73-D03391D0865B.jpeg
    99062587-677A-4052-8E73-D03391D0865B.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 137
He is very sick, its good that you are taking him to the vet.

But did you even take the advice to get bigger live plants, or at least more fake ones? It still looks too bare to me. Did you get the proper lights? Did you get the right supplements? More branches? Higher basking place? Ect?

I too would like to hear an update. I do not want to bash you but I feel compelled to say that the level of dehydration shown in the picture means he has been sick for quite few days if not longer. Anytime I am suspicious about one of my Chameleons getting sick I immediately transfer them over to my "quarantine cage" and keep an extremely close eye on em. If they do not drink/eat within the first 24 hours after being in quarantine it is off to the vet we go. I'm sorry about your little guy, but I hope you return with good news. In the future, if he gets well or you decide to give it another shot with a new Chameleon, DO NOT hesitate to come to the forums for every single question you need answered. There are plenty of people with loads of experience here, and with their advice you can home a happy, healthy, Chameleon.

He passed away at the vets office. Petco called me and told me they were very sorry, and that they will get another order of chameleons soon. I got a gift card from their, and I think I want to try a different Petco to get another. Thanks for you help guys

And also. The first picture that I posted with him thin like that, that’s how I saw him at Petco when I first got him, so I’m guessing that he was already sick

He passed away at the vets office. Petco called me and told me they were very sorry, and that they will get another order of chameleons soon. I got a gift card from their, and I think I want to try a different Petco to get another. Thanks for you help guys
I’m sorry that he didn’t make it. Please don’t get another cham from Petco. You’ve sadly experienced that they do not sell healthy animals. Buy from a dedicated breeder...there are some site sponsors. Use the gift card towards the correct supplies for a cham. I’m guessing they also sold you a chameleon kit when you bought your cham. Just about everything in it is incorrect. Return it and get your money back. In the meantime, research all you can about chameleon husbandry. The forum resources has great info. All here will also help you to get the correct set up so that you can have many quality years with a healthy and contented chameleon.

Start surfing this site.. there is tons of great info. You'll get great feedback. Chameleons are expensive.. if you have your heart set on one, their setup can cost 400-500$ upwards, depending on your location, online or in-shop purchases (in-shop is normally more expensive), species, age, cage type, brands ect ect. Personally I spent 800$ not including my little man... and then there is monthly food costs, vet bills, cage upgrades, replacements for certain products, and more. They are an expensive commitment.

Back
Top Bottom