Help is my chameleon a male

These shaded photos are not helping. Leave him/her alone for a while. You are making it hard to help you. Slow down, stop posting bits and pieces, review the veiled chameleon husbandry care information and compare it to what you are doing now. When people ask you what sort of lighting you have you need to be specific....as in BRAND.
Ok I use a daylight tropical heat bulb 60 watt from zoom med and a spiral zoomed uvb light i am soon gonna get a long fluorescent light everybody’s been recommending me one but I just want to now if my chams ok

These shaded photos are not helping. Leave him/her alone for a while. You are making it hard to help you. Slow down, stop posting bits and pieces, review the veiled chameleon husbandry care information and compare it to what you are doing now. When people ask you what sort of lighting you have you need to be specific....as in BRAND.
It’s also very scared of me

Is he ok this is the best picture I can get
E4351354-D9F4-4F4B-9526-08023F89E1AB.jpeg

my chams been getting weird colors lettely
What colors? Chameleons get different colors based on mood or temperatures. Ill include some photos but green is generally happy, darker colors like teal can be basking colors as the dark colors helps them absorb heat, angry is brown and black.

you can see in some images hes whatever color the environment around him is, ranging from greens, blues, and browns (note the palm tree picture). But if you notice that the one pic with polkadots he is basking, the dots help absorb heat and distribute it around the body. If thats what your cham looks like then its completely normal. I would only be concerned about dark colors if the chameleon is also lethargic, not eating or drinking, and not passing feces.

Attachments

• EF000AF9-8307-4164-833C-6DEC6F93FEE1.jpeg
    EF000AF9-8307-4164-833C-6DEC6F93FEE1.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 65
  • D452DCD0-B4CC-4703-AE67-811EF095B688.jpeg
    D452DCD0-B4CC-4703-AE67-811EF095B688.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 25C1E341-269C-40AF-9E40-96A074E92E55.jpeg
    25C1E341-269C-40AF-9E40-96A074E92E55.jpeg
    404.1 KB · Views: 62
  • CFE69D6C-4DD2-4DEB-A681-5137779BF867.jpeg
    CFE69D6C-4DD2-4DEB-A681-5137779BF867.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 6926EB6C-9190-47B4-9CFA-03BFA15A52F8.jpeg
    6926EB6C-9190-47B4-9CFA-03BFA15A52F8.jpeg
    491.3 KB · Views: 62
  • A0AB801A-3A92-4167-BC6E-49DEE155CE63.jpeg
    A0AB801A-3A92-4167-BC6E-49DEE155CE63.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 68
  • A7FD6C1D-A6D8-4439-BABE-E82765849E4A.jpeg
    A7FD6C1D-A6D8-4439-BABE-E82765849E4A.jpeg
    261.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 67504633-4738-45CB-9609-FF27F4EBE4CC.jpeg
    67504633-4738-45CB-9609-FF27F4EBE4CC.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 65
I just got my chameleon 2 days ago I’m not sure if I should handle it
I would leave it alone for now, but once he/she settles in work on handling him/her for 20-30 minutes a day. Yes chams do like to be left alone but proper handling can tame a chameleon. Cleo went from biting and hissing me non stop to now he might hiss once and then lets me take him out, and calms down immediately once hes out if his territory. You dont need to know the gender immediately but once you are comfortable with handling, post pics similar to the ones I posted as examples. Make sure they are well lit and not shaky or blurry

@Pascal the Cham you can edit/change a post for a while after you post it....look on the left side of your post and it will say report and then to the right of that edit...click on edit if you want to change/correct a post and then when you're done click on save (in blue) below your post.

I would leave it alone for now, but once he/she settles in work on handling him/her for 20-30 minutes a day. Yes chams do like to be left alone but proper handling can tame a chameleon. Cleo went from biting and hissing me non stop to now he might hiss once and then lets me take him out, and calms down immediately once hes out if his territory. You dont need to know the gender immediately but once you are comfortable with handling, post pics similar to the ones I posted as examples. Make sure they are well lit and not shaky or blurry
He is usually dark green with dark patterns but today I put my hand in front of it and it walked right on and crawled around me as soon as it touched my hand in turned lime green my Cham is usually dark green with pattern or lime green with dark green pattern

What colors? Chameleons get different colors based on mood or temperatures. Ill include some photos but green is generally happy, darker colors like teal can be basking colors as the dark colors helps them absorb heat, angry is brown and black.

you can see in some images hes whatever color the environment around him is, ranging from greens, blues, and browns (note the palm tree picture). But if you notice that the one pic with polkadots he is basking, the dots help absorb heat and distribute it around the body. If thats what your cham looks like then its completely normal. I would only be concerned about dark colors if the chameleon is also lethargic, not eating or drinking, and not passing feces.
Last night he was in one are as still as can be he looked very lazy he was green with black polka dots around him he’s bin dark green with patterns

At 900 o clock today my Cham didnt eat which is very unusual he pooped yesterday for the first time it was chestnut brown with something white on it my Cham loves eating but not early in the morning but this is the only weird thing about it my Cham never drinks

Last night he was in one are as still as can be he looked very lazy he was green with black polka dots around him he’s bin dark green with patterns

[/QUOTE
today when I put my hand in front of my Cham it walked right on

If you have only had this little one for 3 days now, i would refrain from using the term "always" or "never" or "usually". You havent had enough time to know what your cham always looks like, or is normally patterened like. It will take time to get to know your baby.

How are you watering it? What did you offer it for food?

If you have only had this little one for 3 days now, i would refrain from using the term "always" or "never" or "usually". You havent had enough time to know what your cham always looks like, or is normally patterened like. It will take time to get to know your baby.

How are you watering it? What did you offer it for food?
I mist it and I feed it crickets dusted in zoomed calcium powder without d3

Back
Top Bottom