Help idk whats wrong w my cham she has not ate n 2 1/2 weeks n shes only drinking water and i will post a pic

Cammy36

My 8th month old female veiled chameleon stopped eating 2 weeks ago n I hv been pulling out tiny bit of dried blood along w when she goes to bathroom it looks like dried up eggs it says maybe parasites what s up her color is great n behavior just on week 3 only water 1st week only water n hibiscus leaves please any info helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210122-081959_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20210122-081959_Messenger.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 118
My 8th month old female veiled chameleon stopped eating 2 weeks ago n I hv been pulling out tiny bit of dried blood along w when she goes to bathroom it looks like dried up eggs it says maybe parasites what s up her color is great n behavior just on week 3 only water 1st week only water n hibiscus leaves please any info helps
I would definitely take her to the vet as soon as possible.

There are a lot of people here who can identify some possible issues. Here is the info they will be looking for. Hope she's okay!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

I would definitely take her to the vet as soon as possible.

There are a lot of people here who can identify some possible issues. Here is the info they will be looking for. Hope she's okay!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.
Thank you so much how old n what kind of cam do u have

My chameleon veiled female has 2 enclosures one a very large screened in metal on sides hibiscus 🌺plant huge n lay bin vaporizer and proper lighting look I can't hv any kids and I'm..this and my bearded dragon and my Mexican xolo a.k.a hairless dog are my children....anyways laybin moist reptisoil outside enclosure hugge braded 🌺 hibiscus gorgeous I live on the beach well 1/8 mile walk I check her Sal levels I said b 4 I volunteered for the nature center 😀 I went thru a frog n snake faze but I know a chameleon is high stressed a Hepatologist Hepatologist Once told me when I was 12 wait in till you are ready to not slam doors and be careful of how loud your talking things like that because chameleons are extremely high stress a lot of people by the distance look at them like art but some people are special enough to imprint on them now like mine I feel blessed she will not get away from me and that is not a bad thing she I literally got What we call a Cam bag and she literally just lays she crawls into it sticks her head out n then again luvs the titanic song and my phone n for every 1 That says that the only reason that she comes to me is because of food I don't feed her my husband does I also do to we switch off we have tried everything I just want to know why she stopped eating and why she is got the gravid colours I why she is not eating Or laying her eggs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210123-063417_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20210123-063417_Messenger.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20210123-063527_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210123-063527_Photos.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 95

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210123-063417_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20210123-063417_Messenger.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20210123-063743_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210123-063743_Photos.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_20210123-063527_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210123-063527_Photos.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 94
+1 to this and lay bin.

Cammy36

Along with the form, please post pics of your enclosure from top to bottom, showing lights on down to substrate and drainage. Thanks. ;)
My chameleon veiled female has 2 enclosures one a very large screened in metal on sides hibiscus 🌺plant huge n lay bin vaporizer and proper lighting look I can't hv any kids and I'm..this and my bearded dragon and my Mexican xolo a.k.a hairless dog are my children....anyways laybin moist reptisoil outside enclosure hugge braded 🌺 hibiscus gorgeous I live on the beach well 1/8 mile walk I check her Sal levels I said b 4 I volunteered for the nature center 😀 I went thru a frog n snake faze but I know a chameleon is high stressed a Hepatologist Hepatologist Once told me when I was 12 wait in till you are ready to not slam doors and be careful of how loud your talking things like that because chameleons are extremely high stress a lot of people by the distance look at them like art but some people are special enough to imprint on them now like mine I feel blessed she will not get away from me and that is not a bad thing she I literally got What we call a Cam bag and she literally just lays she crawls into it sticks her head out n then again luvs the titanic song and my phone n for every 1 That says that the only reason that she comes to me is because of food I don't feed her my husband does I also do to we switch off we have tried everything I just want to know why she stopped eating and why she is got the gravid colours I why she is not eating Or laying her eggs

Attachments

• 20210123_072350.jpg
    20210123_072350.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 20210123_072449.jpg
    20210123_072449.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 94
  • 20210123_072412.jpg
    20210123_072412.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 97
I still think the best course if action is to get a vet to check her over with the blood & smelling. other than this us she getting enough privacy as she will want to lay eggs in a safe place and likely wont want to be watched while she digs.

IDK about the lack of appetite & bleeding—got a herp vet appt. yet?

Both those enclosures could definitely use more plantlife ( 🌺 notwithstanding) & climbing apparatus. Humidity is probably (guessing) pretty good where you live, but I don't see a hygrometer of any kind (digital hygrometer/thermometer w/ probe is best). Live plants help increase and maintain humidity. Foliage also provides privacy & security; she may be feeling quite vulnerable.

You know, as soon as you find out something like this is wrong with your cham, usually you take them to the first vet you find that will take chameleons (if you dont already know of good one which is what I'm getting from you other thread) and you ask them if they can help and what to do. You dont post multiple threads and not take any action or use any info that we are giving you. Shame on you

Back
Top Bottom