Help Identifying

PhDoc

Hello Everyone!

I have recently been given a chameleon as a gift and I love him, the only problem is....well we don't know what sub-species he is. The woman that sold it to my husband told him that he was a Mt. Meru/Dwarf Jackson's Chameleon (Chamaeleo jacksonii merumontanus), but when my husband asked for a second opinion, we were told it may be a Mt. Kenya Yellow-crested Jackson's Chameleon (Chamaeleo jacksonii xantholophus).

I've done a lot of research around trying to compare him, but i'm just not sure. I was wondering if anyone on this board would know?

This is a picture of him when he is darker than usual ( He becomes very light blue and the yellow strip becomes brighter and larger).

drmeru.jpg

Welcome to the forum. You can always count on someone here to ID almost anything you need. Come on back for more fun with us.

Thank you so much guys. I am really excited about joining this forum (all of you seem so nice and welcoming).
So Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii it is! I will post up some more pictures of him when he is with his brighter colors.
I am terribly excited becoming a mommy of a Trioceros jacksonii jacksonni male! Once again, thank you all so much :)

I thought I could share some pictures of him when his colors are bright and an up close and personal to get your opinions. I hope this helps. Thank you all :)
drmeru1.jpg

drmeru2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom