Help Identifying female cham promblems

Remember this is her cage for when she lays eggs. She isn't in her long my concern is if she has and obstruction because it seems when I spray a little water she closes her mouth and she seem like her bottom right side is injured? I'm taking her in I just wanted all the knowledge I can get from people who truly care being they are so delicate. And we don't have the best helps around here. So I will have a better idea what to look for if they tell me something way off or reffer me out.
That way I can make sure she gets the proper treatment. We had a male Cham for a long time and a female is, well... Scary. I think I know more then most the vets here and tell them what to look for. Her name is Sheese. Lol it suits her. My husband would do the operation him self . It's just a matter of finding out what's wrong. I thing she's egg bound fell off her sleeping area and injured her right side along with no digesting wax worms that are built up. Which nobody told me how deadly wax worms are. I was always recommend them. I want to thank you all so much I'm taking her in now. I'll give an up date when we return.. ...

We purchased (rescued) her from PetSmart she was 9 months. They were feeding her wax worms and cricket. We continued feeding her the same way only adding a treat of horned worms and in the summer gave her katydids and a few grass hoppers here and there. We She had her first clutch of eggs about 40 with no issues at first but she was so thirsty and we kept too much moisture in her cage. So we took her to the vet. She got medication and she was back to normal. Recently she began acting different as if she was going to molt or have another clutch of eggs. She was very unstable with her footing we kept finding her face first in the little watherfall or dirt. Luckily we got there right in time she was just laying there face first in the water. My husband was able to bring her back as gently as possible. Since then she laid about 20+ eggs started eating. Untill a few days ago. She turned a color I've never seen super dark with orange ish big circles she won't move her right side very well keeps falling and keeps her mouth open and her belly is hard and super big But when we hold her she turns back to a light green closes her eyes and seems to relax. I'm not sure if she has eggs still possibly injured her right side and she hasn't pooped. So I'm worried she is blocked up also. I don't even know where to start. We put her in a smaller cage so she can't fall but a little dirt just in case she still has eggs?? If anybody can tell me what to look for so I can try to identify what wrong so we can help her. We are going to take her to a vet if need be but it's nice to have an idea so we make sure she gets the proper care. Because she requires special vets and there is a lack of herp docs in our area. I can send pics if it helps ..

Please and Thank

Sad news. She didn't make it she just passed. She was egg bound she had most of her clutch, there was only a few left.. the main issues was she ate a small piece of her fake plant. She loves drinking of the leaves but she ate one of the smaller leaves and we didn't know. She finally pooped and that's how we seen it. And shortly after she passed. Youd think these Cham kits wouldn't put stuff in them that could harm them. We didn't have issue with our male so we didn't think she would have eaten it. One of us is always around and neither one of us seen her do it.. Way to start of the new year. Thank you all again for all your help. I truly appreciate it. I love this site because there are people who actually care.. so thank you

Sorry for your loss. We all seem to have a learning curve with these chameleons...sometimes this forum makes it less of a curve for people and sometimes we just can't do anything to stop what happens or solve it when it does. Keep her in your heart.

..........if you plan on getting another cham, please read through the care sheets section for chameleons on this site!! It will have all the info you will need!! I binge read all the care sheets for hours people have posted on this site, and now have healthy chams. So there is no excuse for people having dying chams. The care sheets & husbandry info is obviously in more than abundance!! Care sheets everywhere!!! On 100s of posts!! Care sheets after care sheets!!!!.......................................it breaks my heart to see this!! 100% avoidable!!!!

Sorry for your loss. We all seem to have a learning curve with these chameleons...sometimes this forum makes it less of a curve for people and sometimes we just can't do anything to stop what happens or solve it when it does. Keep her in your heart.
I loves this form because people like you guys. We have Chinese mantises, tree frogs, beta, shrimp a Chow chow. All being so unique and require different needs. If I can help anybody out with every thing we have learned I will do my best. It's heartbreaking that was my Sheese. She will always be in our hearts.

I did have a pair but one lived several years longer than the other with me...but they were wild caught so the one might have been old when I got it.

Poison dart frogs are so cute!

Back
Top Bottom