Help identify type of panther

Thomas H. Boyer, DVM
Pet Hospital of Penasquitos, 888-F Carmel Mountain Road, San Diego, CA - (858) 484-3490
Pet Hospital of Penasquitos

Todd R. Cecil, DVM
Pet Emergency and Specialty Center, Chula Vista, CA (619) 591-4802 and La Mesa, CA (619) 462-4800

These are the two in SD I highly recommend. Dr. Cecil is my preferred vet and he should be back from vacation tomorrow. I recommend telling the staff person that it is an emergency and they should be able to squeeze you in sooner than Tuesday.

While Curly may have come with some health issues, he certainly doesn't look on 'death's door' to me. I think you can wait until Tuesday.

Good job Water! Or is it Walter? :D

Nevertheless, i am very happy to see that you got your chameleon an appointment with a vet that soon. Waiting with a sick chameleon is never a good idea! ;)

is MBD reversible or is he going to have long term health problems because I didn't take care of it right away.:confused: The only leg with a real problem climbing is his front right, which leads me to believe it is fractured. He does not climb at all now and he just sits there and doesn't look to normal.

That is hard to say. It depends on how much damage is done. Read my thread titled 'Jack'. I can't see your pictures very well, but he doesn't seem to be in the same boat as mine. So with the proper vet help and husbandry changes, he should recover well.

Last edited:
Judging from that those pics, sure! What are your temps? Humidity? I've taken in some messed up MBD lizards and they usually have a fine feeding response. I'm wondering if something else isn't throwing him off.

He has only exhibiting this sick behavior for around a week and 3 to 4 days. But it might have been affecting him before that. but back to my main question for a sec he is a "blue bar ambi" correct?

He looks typical of one. Without knowing where he or his parent stock came from, you can not know.

Temps? Humidity?

Basking area is around 90-95. Spray 4 times a day. Dust crickets twice a week but I only use one type of calcium supplement. Uva 5.0 bulb and 100w basking bulb. Cage is 30"H x 16"W x 16"D.

What are cool zone temps? That's a tall, narrow cage, if he's at the bottom, just see if turning off the 100W bulb keeps him off the bottom. I'm guessing a screen cage, what is the humidity in the room? This time of year a/c units can really dry our home's air out. Just a thought...

After a good spray it gets to around 50% and stays like that for a while. Outside is good as well because the beachy weather (60-70%):cool:

Went to the ve. They gave him a few meds to help with calcium deffencicy. Said it'll take a month to recover, but its ok. Alo of tlc for a few weeks :)

The quickest way to correct a calcium imbalance is to give the chameleon injections of calcium until the blood calcium levels are high enough that it can be given a shot of calcitonin to rapidly pull the calcium back into the bones. This has to be done by a vet.

Back
Top Bottom