Help identify type of panther

waterpolowes

jwphotonfgj

I got this little guy from a lady who breed panther Chameleons(he could be hybrid), but I would like to know if anyone knows what type of panther he is like specifically. Sorry if I sound stupid. :confused:

I agree bb ambilobe. His legs also look bowed. Do you have a uvb bulb and any supplements for him?

I'm in agreement with the Ambilobe comments.
I'd get some more (clearer) pictures up to be sure he looks like he's in good health.

San Diego. I found one who will take a look at him, but I honestly don't know how much that will help. I will but I feel that the advice from people who own and love these animals would be much more beneficial to me in trying to revive and nurse him back to health.

Poor little guy. He looks sick in that last picture. Hopefully everything turns out alright after you take him to the vet.

Your pictures are so bad but I think it's MBD. A cham vet can give a shot and liquid calcium. Please fill out the Ask for Help form so that after your vet visit you can get him back on track. It would be a good idea to take this forms filled out with you to the vet and a fresh poop for a fecal. https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

San Diego. I found one who will take a look at him, but I honestly don't know how much that will help. I will but I feel that the advice from people who own and love these animals would be much more beneficial to me in trying to revive and nurse him back to health.

Can anyone offer him a vet with chameleon experience in SD?

Most vets have little to no chameleon experience. Not saying they cant help your guy but it is better to find one with cham experience. He does look bad. I do not think he can be turned around with just correct husbandry at this point. He really needs to see a vet ASAP.

Hope all goes well with your guy. He looks like he will be a nice looking chameleon after his health gets better.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/area-area-country-vet-list-32880/

Attila Molnar, DVM *
All Animals Medical Center, Calabasas, California - (818) 591-2773

Geoffrey Stein, DVM *
Shipp's Animal Hospital, 351 Foothill Blvd., Beverly Hills - (310) 550-0101

Daniel Reimer, DVM *
Adler Veterinary Clinic, North Hills, California - (818) 893-6366

Thomas H. Boyer, DVM
Pet Hospital of Penasquitos, 888-F Carmel Mountain Road, San Diego, CA - (858) 484-3490
Pet Hospital of Penasquitos

Todd R. Cecil, DVM
Pet Emergency and Specialty Center, Chula Vista, CA (619) 591-4802 and La Mesa, CA (619) 462-4800

Tom Greek, DVM
Greek & Associates Veterinary Hospital, 23687 Via Del Rio, Yorba Linda - (714) 463-1190 or (866) 940-7028
www.tomgreek.com

The soonest appointment I could get with the herp vet is next Tuesday :( will that be too late. Please help I love this little guy. His name is curly

Yeah doctor Boyer. They said he does chameleons and tuesday is the absolute earliest. I'm kinda depressed now, but I think shoulddd be ok I mean this weak behavior has only become present as of about a week ago(I don't know how bad that means it could be). Other vets on that list see reptiles but aren't very familiar with chameleons so I don't want to waste my money there.

Do what Jann said, tell them it is an emergency and that it can't wait until Tuesday since the chameleon may not make it until then. They should be able to squeeze you in, I have a hard time thinking they can't make time for you tomorrow. If they absolutely can't, ask the receptionist to ask the vet if he knows any other vets that deal with chameleons.

Back
Top Bottom