Help! I can't get Rango out of his cage to clean it!

Hang on , no need to disturb him, just do it telepathically! ;)

So I finally got to ask Atlas about getting bit by one his brethren. He was quite detailed in his response:

1 - If a Parson bites you, its your fault.
2 - When a Parson bites you, you say 'Thank You'
3 - If you are wearing a glove when a Parson bites you, that's called cheating.

Atlas checked with yours and said that apparently you don't rub his feet after a long day on the branches, hence getting bit.

OK. I too have a male veiled, who hates the idea of being picked up. He hisses and goes aftanything he can. Here's how I clean his cage. Wait for it... I clean around him! If he doesn't want me too close, he moves to a different part of the cage. It's not like a bird who can fly away quickly. We are talking a slow moving lizard who would much rather be left alone. So just get in there and clean around him!

My 8 month old male panther, Pascal, wanted out of cage so badly, that he started to run for the door when I opened it to put in the crickets into his cup this morning. So I put my arm out. He climbed on slowly at first, then ran up my arm, to my shoulder and back , but I turned around with my back to the cage so he wouldn't jump on the floor and run [we have a cat]. He climbed on the door and I shut it. He's probably made. He NEVER climbed on me before. I think his motive was to get the heck out, and it's time for a bigger cage.

When this happens to me, I dismantle the cage around my girl. She's usually on the big ficus and I just remove all obstructions and take the ficus out with her on it. I wouldn't want to go grabbing her - for both our sakes! But once everything is out of the way, even if she's still in there, it's a lot easier to approach her from underneath and behind and lift her up without stress.

How to put a stick in front of them. Especially if they're biting let them crawl on it and then do it like one of those old school toys make sure he doesn't get too close to you hahaha

My girl will fluff me and gape and hiss and rock, but the second her cage is out of sight she's as sweet as pie. I have a ficus that's too big for her enclosure, she loves nothing more than perching in it but she can be ugly about the getting picked up part.

Help please! I've been trying to get my veiled Hamelin out of his cage for two weeks and I can't. I've tried everything from putting food in his capture cup to ambushing him into it. Nothing's working. Everytime I try to ambush him he obviously gets mad and starts hissing and snapping and when I try to coax him with food he just shoots his tongue out to get it and retreats back into his cage. His cage is getting really dirty and it needs cleaned. How do you guys do it? Any tactics that might work?

Well did any of this help you get him out? I got a w/c Veil male 5 months old that I feel him biting me wearing 2 pairs of gloves. I got female w/c that's 1 year old that was the same way that only hisses at me now gloves not needed. The worst bite was from Brutus who don't bite. I was feeding him supers from my hand and he missed and stuck to my finger. I started laughing at him and before I knew it he laid into my finger. I felt that for weeks.

Back
Top Bottom