HELP!!! Fruit flies all sold out!?!?!?!?

Warrix642

The sponsors are all sold out of Fruit Flies... I need some food for a group of 1-month old Panther Chameleons NOW. Any suggestions I have pinheads coming and I have a few flies left but I'm looking for a nice variety and I can't find anything other than crix. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dustin

What are the temps there? You could always make a trap if they are out now.

Get a few cups and put them in a tub with fruit / meat in them then wait a few hours and when you see flies start to build up cover the tube then take the cups out one at a time covered up and put them in whatever you can.

I've also heard of cutting 3 liter bottles in half and putting them on top of a plate of fruit / meat with the mouth up and then just putting the lid back on when you see flies in it.

The sponsors are all sold out of Fruit Flies... I need some food for a group of 1-month old Panther Chameleons NOW. Any suggestions I have pinheads coming and I have a few flies left but I'm looking for a nice variety and I can't find anything other than crix. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dustin
remember wings are hard to diggest

soz about spellings:(

Have you considered small Phoenix Worms?

Question, do your hatchlings eat phoenix worms? I bought a big batch a while back and had no luck with them, my babies will not even look at the maggots. I didnt want to throw them out so I tried to feed them to my spiderlings and they wanted nothing to do with them either. Some people swear by them so that's why I am curious. The sponsor Snail Tail Flies has pre-made cultures that will have thousands in a cup in a weeks time, and you can buy cups of 100 live flies to tide you over.

Thanks for all the quick replies!!! I got plenty of FF and pinheads now. Maybe I'll post some pics of them being devoured :cool:

Dustin

Back
Top Bottom