Help! Eating sand

Pic!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 61
I dust with calcium without D3 daily and with D3 twice a month!
I know the uvb is not right right now but I did just purchase her a new cage and lighting headed to set up now
What D3 are you using is it a mulitvitamin or just D3? Because she should be getting a multivitamin 2 times a month on the opposite weeks your giving D3 unless your D3 is a combo multivitamin.
Does something look wrong?
Because she is eating sand... These are questions to ID the reason. Most commonly something is missing in their husbandry for them to do this... So supplementation issue, lighting issue, feeder issues, etc.

Hopefully you purchased the T5HO fixture and 5.0 or 6% bulb for the UVB lighting. This is the one that is recommended within the hobby for chams.

If you have not done a husbandry review you should consider it. Females also should not be fed everyday at a certain age. Temps at basking and increased food means them developing a huge clutch that they can have issues laying. The fact that she has had the wrong UVB increases risk of her developing MBD. You combine this with too many eggs and this increases her risk for egg binding.

Back
Top Bottom