help chamelion ill????

pennyz

just looked over and usually sleeping chameleon has half fallen off branch and is puffed up and gaping... hissing and changing colour... arms seem a bit frozen....... any ideas??

thanks jan i'll have to see how he is tomorrow as im off to bed in a sec...
he seems to have gone back to his sleeping branch ... still hissing a bit... maybe he just fell in his sleep and gave himself a fright?

hope he's ok

completely forgot ive had his waterfall off for 3 days due to fly larvae thing problem...
just gave him a spray and he's been drinking it off the glass! so i think maybe dehydration... he's never 'drunk' like that before....

feel guilty now... poor dude

Was that his only water source? I thought you had posted several days ago that you were going to remove the waterfall? Waterfalls and chameleons do not mix. You have to mist at least twice a day every day. Chams of any species do not do well without proper hydration. He will need extra waterings for the next several days to get him back to his proper hydration level.

yeah his waterfall was his only supply... need to look at those dripper thingys... or something else... but i'll keep spraying... was trying to dry the viv out a bit but i guess ill have to do it manually! so he gets his water.. he seems fine today

He really should be in a screen cages. That would help you with the drying out. On to the dripper, all you really need is something that holds water, is clean, and has a pin hole in the bottom. Plastic solo cups seem to work the best. I would handle these issues immediately. The longer you wait the worse he will become and another problem will most certainly surface soon with out immediate attention.

He really should be in a screen cages. That would help you with the drying out. On to the dripper, all you really need is something that holds water, is clean, and has a pin hole in the bottom. Plastic solo cups seem to work the best. I would handle these issues immediately. The longer you wait the worse he will become and another problem will most certainly surface soon with out immediate attention.

Pennyz is in the UK where many keepers use glass and partial glass vivs successfully.

Penny please fill in the 'how to ask for help' form that Jann posted so we can get a better idea of your set up and husbandry so that we can help you better. :)

True but he says in his post he wasn't watering for a few days to help dry the tank out. This isn't the proper care for a chameleon. They shouldnt go days without water in order to dry the tank out. That's the only reason I recommended a screen cage. I know glass is possible but It isn't recommended. :)

True but he says in his post he wasn't watering for a few days to help dry the tank out. This isn't the proper care for a chameleon. They shouldnt go days without water in order to dry the tank out. That's the only reason I recommended a screen cage. I know glass is possible but It isn't recommended. :)

Exactly why the 'how to ask for help' form needs to be filled out so we can help and find out whats working and what isn't.

For the sake of this thread not going off topic I won't reply about the glass topic :)

yeah his waterfall was his only supply... need to look at those dripper thingys... or something else... but i'll keep spraying... was trying to dry the viv out a bit but i guess ill have to do it manually! so he gets his water.. he seems fine today

My little guy has a dripper and he gets hand sprayed 2-3 times a day. He know where the dripper is and I have caught him drinking from it, but he drinks when I spray him as well...

Back
Top Bottom