HELP!! Chameleon scared of dripper

OfficialChameleon

My veiled chameleon is terrified of the dripper, I will fill it up with warm water and let it drip on a hibiscus leaf by him, and he will watch the water look like he's about to drink.....l then rush down the tree... He eats A LOT of leaves , I believe he's dehydrated. I sit there watching him but he still won't drink even if he doesn't see me. HELP! He is scared of the mister to :confused::confused::mad:

My veiled chameleon is terrified of the dripper, I will fill it up with warm water and let it drip on a hibiscus leaf by him, and he will watch the water look like he's about to drink.....l then rush down the tree... He eats A LOT of leaves , I believe he's dehydrated. I sit there watching him but he still won't drink even if he doesn't see me. HELP! He is scared of the mister to :confused::confused::mad:

Sorry you are having problems with your boy. How old is he? How long have you had him? How often do you mist him and for how long? If you are watching him he may not drink but the moment you turn your back he may. What colour is his poop? It should be in two parts. Poop and urates.

Not an expert or anything near, but have you tried adjusting the amount of drops? Mine is very picky and prefers it dripping about 1 drop every 2 seconds. He will sit beneath it and let drip to his tongue and also use his tongue to grab some straight from dripline.

Not an expert or anything near, but have you tried adjusting the amount of drops? Mine is very picky and prefers it dripping about 1 drop every 2 seconds. He will sit beneath it and let drip to his tongue and also use his tongue to grab some straight from dripline.

Well yes it does drip fast, that may be it.....any other thoughts anyone?

That's exactly how mine is too. He likes it slow, he'll just stare at it if it drips too fast.

Back
Top Bottom