Help chameleon eye swelling

Ya I have 3 ready
Oh my! You’ll be needing many more than 3. You have now officially joined the elite crazies who get excited to see a pile of tree trimmings on the curb, gaze longingly at every tree trimmer’s truck that passes by, appraise the suitability of each and every twig you see and will put that adorable mini chainsaw thing on your Amazon wishlist. Before you know it you’ll have a small hoard of branches and sticks that you guard with as much ferocity as a dragon guarding its gold. I had 3 massive boxes full of branches that I figured would be a lifetime supply. Ha! I am now down to just 1+ box and am starting to panic.

Thought it might be helpful, though these aren’t the best photos. My enclosure is set up just like @MissSkittles is describing. Neptune the chameleon on YouTube has a fantastic video showing exactly how to do it.

Attachments

• IMG_8154.jpeg
    IMG_8154.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8149.jpeg
    IMG_8149.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8151.jpeg
    IMG_8151.jpeg
    297.8 KB · Views: 38
Oh my! You’ll be needing many more than 3. You have now officially joined the elite crazies who get excited to see a pile of tree trimmings on the curb, gaze longingly at every tree trimmer’s truck that passes by, appraise the suitability of each and every twig you see and will put that adorable mini chainsaw thing on your Amazon wishlist. Before you know it you’ll have a small hoard of branches and sticks that you guard with as much ferocity as a dragon guarding its gold. I had 3 massive boxes full of branches that I figured would be a lifetime supply. Ha! I am now down to just 1+ box and am starting to panic.
Ok I'll look for more after school today

Update it looks as if her eye swelling is going down. She will only run to the bottom if I stick my hand in her cage. The temps are going lower. Got better at gutloading

Update it looks as if her eye swelling is going down. She will only run to the bottom if I stick my hand in her cage. The temps are going lower. Got better at gutloading

Attachments

• 20230826_090802.jpg
    20230826_090802.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230826_090843.jpg
    20230826_090843.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 33
Here is a picture of her hiding.

Attachments

• 20230826_152637.jpg
    20230826_152637.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230826_152648.jpg
    20230826_152648.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 37
Update I got pictures of her tonight sleeping here they are, she ate today on september first shell get her multivitamins (i did not spray her directly thats from fog floating down cage).

Attachments

• 20230828_180816.jpg
    20230828_180816.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230828_180810.jpg
    20230828_180810.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 36
$hit out of no where it came back, I haven't touched her for a while I don't know how, I don't know when I can have her checked but I don't want it to come down to that tomorrow I'm gonna feed her with vitamins and I'm gonna see what happens

Attachments

• 20230830_165354.jpg
    20230830_165354.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230830_165320.jpg
    20230830_165320.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 36
$hit out of no where it came back, I haven't touched her for a while I don't know how, I don't know when I can have her checked but I don't want it to come down to that tomorrow I'm gonna feed her with vitamins and I'm gonna see what happens
If yall want me to take her to vet immediately I need to know before it's to late

You don't wanna overdose her on vitamins - with reptiles, corrections take way more time than you think it should to start showing. Keep the long misting sessions while she's awake so she can clean it, and maybe make a vet appointment, but don't overcorrect before the results of what you've changed come to fruition.

Can you please remind me of which supplements you are using and how often? Are you using bee pollen for anything? I totally agree with @CalamityCrow
Reptivite without d3 on the feeding day closest to the 1st and 15th of the month. Repticalcium without d3 every feeding other then vitamins.( i used to use bee pollen in calcium but i took it out cause of her eye.)

You don't wanna overdose her on vitamins - with reptiles, corrections take way more time than you think it should to start showing. Keep the long misting sessions while she's awake so she can clean it, and maybe make a vet appointment, but don't overcorrect before the results of what you've changed come to fruition.
When should I mist because I mist 30 minutes before lights are on and 30 minutes after lights are on, and I use a fogger

Reptivite without d3 on the feeding day closest to the 1st and 15th of the month. Repticalcium without d3 every feeding other then vitamins.( i used to use bee pollen in calcium but i took it out cause of her eye.)
Do not giver her more vitamins. This is not due to needing them...

I want you to try a different multivitamin with her. She may not be handling the reptivite with d3 well. And no additional bee pollen for her so make sure the calcium without D3 is only that.

Buy repashy Calcium plus LoD version. It has a jackson's chameleon on the front.

Do not giver her more vitamins. This is not due to needing them...

I want you to try a different multivitamin with her. She may not be handling the reptivite with d3 well. And no additional bee pollen for her so make sure the calcium without D3 is only that.

Buy repashy Calcium plus LoD version. It has a jackson's chameleon on the front.
But I thought the rapashy didn't have d3.

Back
Top Bottom