Help! Bloody trail after urates

As everyone else said, best thing to do is get in contact with the vet. We can only speculate with the med dosing and such. Its possible he may have been backed up and when he finally passed the feces he bled a bit, but again, this is just a wild stab in the dark and the vet would be able to examine and give profession advice.

Any update?

As everyone else said, best thing to do is get in contact with the vet. We can only speculate with the med dosing and such. Its possible he may have been backed up and when he finally passed the feces he bled a bit, but again, this is just a wild stab in the dark and the vet would be able to examine and give profession advice.

Any update?
Vet is going to call me soon, no blood today or last night

Also he is much more himself today, trying to climb on the vent holes. He is over this hospital tub. . Anxiously waiting for vet to call me back, the one pictured was the last bloody trail, followed by the runny poo and white urates a few hours later.
I put three of each of his fav food in small dishes hoping he will be interested via buffet options. I appreciate y’all so much and will post an update when Dr calls me back of how to move forward.

Also he is much more himself today, trying to climb on the vent holes. He is over this hospital tub. . Anxiously waiting for vet to call me back, the one pictured was the last bloody trail, followed by the runny poo and white urates a few hours later.
I put three of each of his fav food in small dishes hoping he will be interested via buffet options. I appreciate y’all so much and will post an update when Dr calls me back of how to move forward.

Best of luck!! We're rooting for the two of you!

Positive thoughts please. I just dropped him back off to the vet, this is his 3rd visit in 2 weeks :(. He trailed a bit more blood today. I am so concerned about the stress I’ve been putting him through as well, with daily meds, cleanup, and especially car travel. He was not a happy camper on our way in today. The vet can’t see him until tomorrow but the technician is going to give him his medication tonight. This is so damn stressful, I just want my bud to be okay.

Update:
Watching him until Monday now. He has a little mass on his stomach, they believe it to be from too much calcium w/D3. I didn’t know that you were only supposed to dust the feeders once or twice a month with that, I was doing it weekly, sometimes 2x week. Bought some calcium w/o d3.

His blood trail was bizarre and from his hemi not shedding properly, they said they pulled out quite a lot but that I brought him in at the right time for that, as they’ve had patients with bad swelling and it was just stuck in a way that it couldn’t come out without manual help. They are currently tube feeding him to try to gain back some weight that was lost and to clear the calcium deposit in his tum. He pooped and urated normal today.

Doing another xray to see if there is any difference Monday where he most likely will be good to go home and back to his habitat.

Now to Home Depot tomorrow, to buy and cut plexiglass for the sides & back of his reptibreeze, and to attach it to the swing door part on the front, and figuring out a way to put his UVB vertical. I got a fun weekend figuring all this out.

Hard lesson on husbandry and humidity, just spraying a lot doesn’t cut it with these screen enclosures for a panther. It was suggested to Me to spray with warm water and to try to use a drip system with his filtered water for drinking. I plan on buying a spider plant and arranging Loren foliage underneath the drip, as he didn’t pay attention to it before and it was probably ho I hadn’t it set up.

Don’t trust the pet store necessarily and everything you read! I wish I found this forum sooner, but feel i found it just in time, too.

Now to sell some art and try to figure out how to care for myself with all my funds going to him. Depleted and worth every penny. If you notice something off with your guy, take him to the damn vet. This is the first problem I’ve had with him in 3.5 years that wouldn’t of happened if knew what I was really doing.

Before you spend a small fortune on plexiglass, try a window insulation film kit. I bought one for like $7 and it was enough to wrap two cages on two sides. It keeps humidity up and mist in... it is also easily removed.
Thank you. I honestly dont know how I’m going to figure out gas to work at this point and will look into this. Where did you purchase this?

Thank you. I honestly dont know how I’m going to figure out gas to work at this point and will look into this. Where did you purchase this?
Also I’m assuming you attached this on the outside of the screen, any tips would help a lot if you have time to share

Also also, it was suggested to me to put his long uvb vertical and within the enclosure for maximum output due to the mesh blocking out a lot from top of cage.. I’m not finding anything about that. What do y’all think of this?

Also also, it was suggested to me to put his long uvb vertical and within the enclosure for maximum output due to the mesh blocking out a lot from top of cage.. I’m not finding anything about that. What do y’all think of this?
This was a bit odd to me

What UVB bulb do you use?

I got the window kit at Home depot. It attaches to the outside of the cage via double sided tape (never use any sort of tape inside the cage or somewhere your cham could touch).

I would not feel comfortable putting the light I side the enclosure. From what I know uvb light on the side is not good for their eyes but I have not experienced this before. You're going everything you possibly can I applaud you I hope things get easier soon.

If he is getting to much d3 then I I definetly wouldnt put the light any closer to him. If they did suggest he need stronger UV rays if you could take him outside at all natural sun is amazing.

Main reason I wouldnt want the light inside the cage is because of the burn possibility and it would need to be so dim to not be too hot that it doesnt seem worth it.

Uhh sounds like a 22" reptisun T5 HO. They dont get much higher output than that. Infact i dont even recommend running them (even through screen) without a meter to make sure you do not get too much direct exposure. For a single bulb a 5.0 is plenty to give usable uvb 2ft into the enclosure at levels 4x higher than what people where using in 2005 for "recomended cham levels".

Hate to say it, as im not a supplement expert, but i wonder if the D3 being too high, is from too much UVB exposure. Normally they would get away and into shade once they reached the needed amount of UVB for the day. If you have an improper setup, the cham may be suck with UVI 0.5-1.0 regardless of where it is at. That takes a very fresh reptisun 10.0 T8 to even generate that level at 12" away from the bulb.

I do not recommend you mounting it on the side, It turns the whole middle of the cage into a tanning booth that the cham will not be able to escape from.

I would not feel comfortable putting the light I side the enclosure. From what I know uvb light on the side is not good for their eyes but I have not experienced this before. You're going everything you possibly can I applaud you I hope things get easier soon.

If he is getting to much d3 then I I definetly wouldnt put the light any closer to him. If they did suggest he need stronger UV rays if you could take him outside at all natural sun is amazing.

Main reason I wouldnt want the light inside the cage is because of the burn possibility and it would need to be so dim to bot be too hot that it doesnt seem worth it.
I agree and this one weirded me out. I also spoke concern about a 10.0 vs 5.0 but they said with the size of his space to stick with the ten, but along with have you put it vertical yet? But I rather not? So I plan on recreating a great basking spot and adding more foliage to have more shady spots that’s more than just one corner.

Uhh sounds like a 22" reptisun T5 HO. They dont get much higher output than that. Infact i dont even recommend running them (even through screen) without a meter to make sure you do not get too much direct exposure. For a single bulb a 5.0 is plenty to give usable uvb 2ft into the enclosure at levels 4x higher than what people where using in 2005 for "recomended cham levels".

Hate to say it, as im not a supplement expert, but i wonder if the D3 being too high, is from too much UVB exposure. Normally they would get away and into shade once they reached the needed amount of UVB for the day. If you have an improper setup, the cham may be suck with UVI 0.5-1.0 regardless of where it is at. That takes a very fresh reptisun 10.0 T8 to even generate that level at 12" away from the bulb.
Yes, you recommended the 12” to me in a different post and your concern is actually why I brought the bulb up! I appreciate that. I plan on either getting the 5.0 or putting his basking and higher climbing points 12” distance from it.

Back
Top Bottom