Help! Bloody trail after urates

Hillary anne

Established Member

My Lou is in his hospital tub after an extended stay at the vet. He’s on antibiotics via injection every other day, pain medication, and an anti fungal ointment for his foot liaisons.
He seems to be doing better but today he had runny white urates and was dragging his vent along the cage with this bloody trail. I am worried it’s a side effect of his medication. I have left a voicemail and email to the vet but haven’t heard from them yet as it’s sunday and they are closed.
Any vets in here who can advise if this is normal?!

tbis is the second time he pooped today, first was healthy and now this Green. He had a fecal float/exam last week and was cleared from any parasites. The medication he is on is; .04 fortaz injectable every other day, .02 metacam every 24 hrs, and clottimazole every 24 hrs

View attachment 243501tbis is the second time he pooped today, first was healthy and now this Green. He had a fecal float/exam last week and was cleared from any parasites. The medication he is on is; .04 fortaz injectable every other day, .02 metacam every 24 hrs, and clottimazole every 24 hrs
I’ve given him the metacam and clotimazole about 30 mins ago, waiting on a helper to give him the fortaz injection

View attachment 243501tbis is the second time he pooped today, first was healthy and now this Green. He had a fecal float/exam last week and was cleared from any parasites. The medication he is on is; .04 fortaz injectable every other day, .02 metacam every 24 hrs, and clottimazole every 24 hrs
Metacam is super harsh with kidney function . Have you heard back from vet ?

He was drinking great up until today. I pushed his lip open a bit and dripped some in but he isn’t taking to his watering downs with licking his gums like he always does
Ok you will need to keep up the water intake do to the metacam . No more then .05 at a time . Hopefully you will hear back from vet today .

Back
Top Bottom