HELP BABY

Longslevees

hello everyone!
Yesterday i found this baby (6cm with tail) in the middle of some iron pieces in my house. I was afraid he was gonna die because its really cold outside and its storm time (almost winter).
I think this is a common chameleon?
I only did hold him to take him out of the rain and put him in a small container. I cant take him to the vet but today im gonna go to a pet store and get him some stuff. I couldnt find any bugs so i tried to give him some fruit but he didnt eat anything so i tried to make the space as dark as possible so he could rest. What should i get him from the store? I really want to help the little guy!
I think he hurted his poor foot.

Attachments

• EFB363ED-4D05-49E3-909E-DCDFE030E8A6.jpeg
    EFB363ED-4D05-49E3-909E-DCDFE030E8A6.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 6E3EC650-CFCC-454E-8A24-C0432595EAC1.jpeg
    6E3EC650-CFCC-454E-8A24-C0432595EAC1.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 110
  • 8CBC1F62-ADC1-41CD-9F18-E11A98DAC11E.jpeg
    8CBC1F62-ADC1-41CD-9F18-E11A98DAC11E.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 109
hello everyone!
Yesterday i found this baby (6cm with tail) in the middle of some iron pieces in my house. I was afraid he was gonna die because its really cold outside and its storm time (almost winter).
I think this is a common chameleon?
I only did hold him to take him out of the rain and put him in a small container. I cant take him to the vet but today im gonna go to a pet store and get him some stuff. I couldnt find any bugs so i tried to give him some fruit but he didnt eat anything so i tried to make the space as dark as possible so he could rest. What should i get him from the store? I really want to help the little guy!
I think he hurted his poor foot.
Ok well he doesn't look to good but just for some starter things get him a t5 ho LINEAR uvb with a 5% reptisun bulb which you have to switch out every 6 months or a 6% acradia bulb which you change every year and a screen cage with some plants and branches also it looks like a veiled (I think)

Definitely NOT a veiled. Can you tell us what part of the world you're in to help narrow down species?
Also, can you provide some side view shots, particularly head & tail regions. Approx. length?
Once we can determine species (or close) you can review care sheets for that species to know what size & kind of enclosure and other supplies you'll need. Be aware that this won't be cheap. Avoid chameleon "kits" sold in pet supply stores—a lot of what's in them is wrong or worthless.

The pet store should have some crickets and other feeder insects. You want them small enough that body width will fit between his/her eyes.

I have both Reptisuns and Arcadia T5HO UVBs, and IME, they both last approx. the same length of time. Either is fine, so it may come down to what's more readily available where you are.

I don't know your previous experience with chameleons or reptiles, so if you decide this is too difficult or expensive, please try to locate a reptile rescue you can get the little bugger to, or offer him/her up here; I'm reasonably confident someone will take it if possible.

Can't tell what species it is for sure from the angles in the photos.
As was asked...what country are you in?

Definitely NOT a veiled. Can you tell us what part of the world you're in to help narrow down species?
Also, can you provide some side view shots, particularly head & tail regions. Approx. length?
Once we can determine species (or close) you can review care sheets for that species to know what size & kind of enclosure and other supplies you'll need. Be aware that this won't be cheap. Avoid chameleon "kits" sold in pet supply stores—a lot of what's in them is wrong or worthless.

The pet store should have some crickets and other feeder insects. You want them small enough that body width will fit between his/her eyes.

I have both Reptisuns and Arcadia T5HO UVBs, and IME, they both last approx. the same length of time. Either is fine, so it may come down to what's more readily available where you are.

I don't know your previous experience with chameleons or reptiles, so if you decide this is too difficult or expensive, please try to locate a reptile rescue you can get the little bugger to, or offer him/her up here; I'm reasonably confident someone will take it if possible.
Im in portugal-algarve!

Oh my! ? I have no idea about the care of anything other than veiled and panther, but I can give you the basics which should apply.
You’ll need a tall enclosure with good ventilation. Either screen, glass or a combination hybrid. Aquarium tanks won’t work. As I’ve no idea how big these chams get, I can’t tell you what size other than it should be at least 48cm wide and 90 cm high. Of course larger is always better and the cham may outgrow this smaller size. Getting the proper uvb light is important and you’ll need a linear T5 with either a 5.0 or Arcadia 6% uvb bulb. This will need to be long enough to span the width of the enclosure. Fill the enclosure with lots of branches and real plants and provide a basking branch about 20 cm away from the uvb light. You’ll also need a basking light for heat. I’ve no idea what temps your little one needs so will say that a general temp of 26-27 c is the goal. Next you’ll need calcium without D3, a multivitamin and a calcium with D3 supplements. The calcium without D3 is used to dust feeders daily in veileds and panthers. I can’t tell you how often to use the multivitamin and calcium with D3, other than it would be once or twice a month for each. Chameleons only eat live bugs. They need to be smaller than the space between the chameleon’s eyes. Attaching the feeder sheet and the ‘gutloading’ sheets. You’ll need to feed the bugs things from the gutloading sheet so they’ll be healthy and provide more nutrition.
Perhaps @PetNcs is more familiar with the care of whatever species you have and can better guide you.
881E5018-A2C0-4454-AA27-E355633D51F2.jpeg
136417BE-235A-4970-A88A-CB29C8E63F43.jpeg

Of course I forgot about water! Chameleons only drink droplets off of leaves, so you’ll need to spray/mist the plants in the enclosure at least 2-3 times a day for 2 minutes each time. I have no idea what ideal humidity should be, so I think keeping it around 50% should be ok. The enclosure needs to dry out in between mistings.

Oh my! ? I have no idea about the care of anything other than veiled and panther, but I can give you the basics which should apply.
You’ll need a tall enclosure with good ventilation. Either screen, glass or a combination hybrid. Aquarium tanks won’t work. As I’ve no idea how big these chams get, I can’t tell you what size other than it should be at least 48cm wide and 90 cm high. Of course larger is always better and the cham may outgrow this smaller size. Getting the proper uvb light is important and you’ll need a linear T5 with either a 5.0 or Arcadia 6% uvb bulb. This will need to be long enough to span the width of the enclosure. Fill the enclosure with lots of branches and real plants and provide a basking branch about 20 cm away from the uvb light. You’ll also need a basking light for heat. I’ve no idea what temps your little one needs so will say that a general temp of 26-27 c is the goal. Next you’ll need calcium without D3, a multivitamin and a calcium with D3 supplements. The calcium without D3 is used to dust feeders daily in veileds and panthers. I can’t tell you how often to use the multivitamin and calcium with D3, other than it would be once or twice a month for each. Chameleons only eat live bugs. They need to be smaller than the space between the chameleon’s eyes. Attaching the feeder sheet and the ‘gutloading’ sheets. You’ll need to feed the bugs things from the gutloading sheet so they’ll be healthy and provide more nutrition.
Perhaps @PetNcs is more familiar with the care of whatever species you have and can better guide you.
View attachment 283428View attachment 283429
Thank you so so much!!! Im going to a pet shop right now❤️

Looks like a common chameleon.... Found this. seems as though they were introduced to the area about 60 years ago. https://www.enjoythealgarve.com/common-chameleon/
That's what it looks like to me too.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Cha...UCy1kKHYS_BxgQ_AUoAXoECAQQAw&biw=1024&bih=636

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_chameleon
The average length of the common chameleon is 20–40 cm (8–16 inches), with females often being substantially larger than males. The colour of the common chameleon is variable, between yellow/brown through green to a dark brown. Whatever the background colour is, the common chameleon will have two light coloured lines along its side. It has a small beard of scales and some small hard scales on the top of its back. Many assume the color changes undergone by the chameleon are a result of its attempting to camouflage itself, when in reality the chameleon changes its color as a response to light and temperature stimuli and as an expression of its emotions (like chameleon body language). Often when caught for analysis, the chameleon may turn a dark color. Their colors are also important for intraspecies communication, especially during the mating season.

There are quite a few threads in the archives about sexing, care, & more—easier to find via google.
Can't see enough of the tail above to discern a bulge.

Back
Top Bottom