Helmeted Chameleon

I guess there was no possibility of this chameleon seeing anything that could compact it in the wild?
personally.. the 3 risk in cages i always try to avoid is coco fiber, perlite and plastic.. in the wild animals are exposed to plastic and its rarely repport as a benefit ;) my enclossures are full of junk (dirt, decaying woods, sands, leaves, mushroom, bark, moss, rock) but its natural junk never had any problem using natural junk :)

personally.. the 3 risk in cages i always try to avoid is coco fiber, perlite and plastic.. in the wild animals are exposed to plastic and its rarely repport as a benefit ;) my enclossures are full of junk (dirt, decaying woods, sands, leaves, mushroom, bark, moss, rock) but its natural junk never had any problem using natural junk :)

The only thing I mentioned was the bark.

If you want to get technical about things, some plants we suggest as safe actually aren’t safe if your chameleon consumes vegetation heavily.

My concern was that people were going to give you a hard time for something that was (a) temporary and (b) not necessarily as dangerous as everyone makes it out to be.

I’m glad you’re working on getting a better set up. hoehnelii are some of my favorites
I can not deny i was worried about that when I did the initial post. I gave a pre disclaimer in hopes it would curve that. And I think it did well at that. I try to remember that it is about the animal and that while they can give a hard time they are trying to help. So I try to to take it personally. We also do not always agree on what is right. That is OK, everyone has their reasons. What works for me may not work for you.

I was suppost to get a new cage and fogger from a friend but he recently had a corona scare. So we are now staying away and I had to change my options a little late in the game. I think i have it all resolved with the exceptions of going bioactive and not having its new enclosure yet.

I would like any recommendations on a possible substate or not. And settings on the fogger. It is digital and has lots of options to chose from.

I am excited to see how it goes as I am looking to get a hoehnelii myself sometime in the next 6 months maybe!
If i had a choice I would not have gotten involved with this species. It is a little much for me. At the same token now that I am starting to get everything set up, I am glade I have it. It has not been as bad as I thought. I am still not done but we are getting there.

The only thing I mentioned was the bark.

If you want to get technical about things, some plants we suggest as safe actually aren’t safe if your chameleon consumes vegetation heavily.
thats good think they dont consume veggy;)

i didnt refer to the bark? (did you feel attaked? if yes sorry, english not my first language so sometime i create misunderstanding without even knowing it, dont hesitate to pinpoint it!)

Back
Top Bottom