Hello! New member from Montana!

MTYorkie

Hello everyone,

My son and I are researching chameleons and I found this site looking for breeders. I have contacted a very active member here, jannb, who has been so very helpful with links and advice. We are hoping to purchase one of her baby boys! :D

We are just gathering information and materials for a new home for a chameleon and have seen so many great pictures on here. We have a couple plans picked out and should have everything by beginning of next week to build an environment. Maybe we can post a picture up here for you guys so see! :cool:

My son started out with hermit crabs about 13 years ago. He had them for about 8 years. The plan was if he took care of the crabs, we would move up to reptiles. We ended up moving to Montana and going into livestock, so new small animals took a back seat. We did adopt an old ball python from a friend from church who couldn't take care of her. James tends to take on "unwanted animals".....from the python, to the hermaphrodite chicken, to the old cat with short term memory loss. :D

Anyways, we have raised poultry, dairy and meat goats, hogs, and have horses, but after taking on our hogs for 3 years we wrapped up the production, and James started asking if he might be able to have a chameleon. I knew that was what he really wanted all along, and he had been so helpful with our large animal projects, so here we are!

Sorry about the long story, but I'm pretty proud of him for his efforts with animals, and I am excited to help him with an animal that he is going to be so happy to take care of!

Any information, tips, etc are very welcome, and a HUGE THANK YOU AGAIN to jannb for all of her help!

Hello there and welcome. I often feel like the only chameleon keeper in Montana.:( I am in Havre, it is the center of the state and 30 miles south of Canada. Where are you at? I would love it if you were close, but like 90% of the population of the state you most likely live in the bottom 1/3 of the state. No matter, we can still be great forum friends.:)

Welcome to the forum! You made a great choice for you first purchase jannb's babies are adorable and she takes great care to start them off right .

Hi laurie, well, I'm about 30 miles northeast of Helena, in the Big Belts. Not terribly close to you, but my family is from Medicine Hat, so we go through Havre to travel up there! I liked Havre, open and quiet as long as you aren't right on the highway!

Thanks kplatvoet! I really like messaging with jennb, she is very knowledgeable! I think that I picked the right person to contact. I have so many links that we can use. Every post about people getting her babies talks about how well cared for they are.

You are lucky, the best and really the only good reptile vet is in Helena. She is awesome. I can see her face, but can't remember her name. I will look it up and pm you all the contact info. Never know when you might need her.

Welcome to the forums. You are going to love it here Amber. It's a pleasure working with members and helping them prepare before they get their chameleon. I think you and James will be very pleased with one of my boys. :)

Hey MTYorkie!!!! And welcome to a wonderful obsession, you and your son will definitly enjoy it here!!!!

I myself was a newbie to chameleons 4 years ago.... I was researching them and found CF's.

This is an amazing site with oodles of helpful info!!! During my researching here I stumbled upon a thread by Jannb about her veiled babies, I was hooked, I knew I wanted one of HERS!! They were the healthiest, happiest and most socialized babies ever!!!!!

4 years later I have NO regrets!!! To this day my Stanley is the absolute sweetest green guy ever, and I know without a doubt, it's because of his lineage and his upbringing by Jann! He was handled from the day he hatched, he has no fear of people and being handled!

She has continued to be interested in him and always helpful if I have a concern.

You will not go wrong getting one of her babies!!!!!

Good luck and post questions and pics, we love them!!!!!! Lisa and Stanley

Stanley would be uncle to the babies your looking at....

ymugy9a6.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, you guys are awesome!

Thanks laurie, I found a Herp vet in Bozeman and one in Butte, but I would love to have a good Helena vet. Definitely let me know if you come across a name, we know several in the area because of our stock, but I don't personally know if one of the offices we are in contact with actually has someone that specializes in reptiles.

Thank you jannb, I have seen so many positive things about your babies, I think that James will be so happy with one of your guys!

And here is another fantastic testament to jannb's babies! Lisa, your guy is absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks again, everyone. Our LLL Reptile shipment just left Cali, so we are very excited! Maybe we can set up the tank this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom