Hello!My chameleon seems to be a little strange.

BiGWilly

She is digging 'holes' in the bottom of the cage.She didn't mate with any male.
She is a Veiled Chameleon about 10 month's old.Do I need a laying bin for her?Any help would be appreciated!
P.S. We have a screen enclosure because it's really really cold out here.And the top of the cage is mesh!

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20171015_133841.jpg
    IMG_20171015_133841.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 128
You NEED a laying bin!!!!!! She probably is trying to lay infertile eggs!!!! Get a laying bin in there ASAP!!!!

You NEED a laying bin!!!!!! She probably is trying to lay infertile eggs!!!! Get a laying bin in there ASAP!!!!

Okay!I already watched like 5 videos how to make one so that wont be a problem but where do I place it?Her cage probably doesnt have space for a bin like that to fit :/ Maybe I should buy her a bigger cage thats meshed?

Thanks for responding so fast!

You can make a bin larger than the bottom of her cage and place her entire cage on it. You need to hurry no time for a new cage put what ever will fit in there pronto.

You can make a bin larger than the bottom of her cage and place her entire cage on it. You need to hurry no time for a new cage put what ever will fit in there pronto.[/QUOTE

But her cage's bottom is not removable , any ideas?!Im starting to get really scared

Get any bin that will fit in there for now with damp sand and substrate. Then start working on other arrangements like a screen setup or just use a large plastic bin you can suspend her lights over that she can't climb out of with lots of privacy.

Get any bin that will fit in there for now with damp sand and substrate. Then start working on other arrangements like a screen setup or just use a large plastic bin you can suspend her lights over that she can't climb out of with lots of privacy.

Any recommendations on how big of a screen cage should I order?

Should I cover her cage with something like a blanket?

You need this egglaying sight immediately. If she passes the time that her hormones are saying "lay the eggs" and she hasn't laid them she will likely die eggbound.

Get a big Rubbermaid bin (like 65 liter size)....get a bag of washed playsand...get a piece of screen. Put the sand in the bin and make it just moist enough to hold a tunnel. Put in a branch for her to sit on...and put her in. Cut away most of the lid and put/glue a piece of screen over the hole. Place a light over the screen to keep her warm but be sure you don't cook her!

You need this egglaying sight immediately. If she passes the time that her hormones are saying "lay the eggs" and she hasn't laid them she will likely die eggbound.

Get a big Rubbermaid bin (like 65 liter size)....get a bag of washed playsand...get a piece of screen. Put the sand in the bin and make it just moist enough to hold a tunnel. Put in a branch for her to sit on...and put her in. Cut away most of the lid and put/glue a piece of screen over the hole. Place a light over the screen to keep her warm but be sure you don't cook her!

Okay, thanks so much!

You're welcome.

Don't let her see you watching her while she's digging. You can spray the sides of the bin if she is up on the branch so she can lickmoff the drops.

Good luck.

Should the bin be transparent or not?

Also should I fill up the whole thing?
No just get a sold color bin. Fill it halfway with play sand, get it moist and put her in there, the longer you wait the more likely she will have serious issues.

Here's a picture of my chameleon in it's cage.We are heading to buy the play sand now that my dad is home , thanks for the tips!

Attachments

• IMG_20171104_193305.jpg
    IMG_20171104_193305.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 109
Is that the laybox in the corner? I think you should make it a bit wetter and deeper for her to make holes that will hold.

Back
Top Bottom