Hello from Japan!

tokyogasmask

Hello!
I would like to introduce myself.

I am new to this forum, and new to reptiles.

For many years I have been an avid collector or large ancient fish such as Arowana, Polypterus and Gar.

Always had a love of reptiles too, but never had time what with the intense maintenance routine of keeping a total of 4000 gallons of fish!

My wife recently became pregnant for the 3rd time (how did that happen?) and I have decided to sell my fish and equipment and clear my fish room for a nursery.

I am however going to start keeping some reptiles.
I have just ordered a Veiled Chameleon which I will collect on 24th Sept.

In December I will be collecting a Blue Tree Monitor too.

Anyway, it is very nice to meet you all!

Here is a photo I requested of the Chameleon that I collect soon:
20110902181219033.jpg

I am told it is a female, wild caught.
The reptile house (they are very reputable people) have told me it is free of parasites internal and external and is very interactive and is happy to be held.

It also eats from hands.

Thanks all!

Welcome!
I love Polypterus too. There such unusual and bizarre fish. What species do you keep?

Welcome!
I love Polypterus too. There such unusual and bizarre fish. What species do you keep?

Thanks for the welcome!

I have the complete collection of living species of Polypterus.
My most valuable being the Katange Congicus.

What do you keep?

*bow* welcome to a place of vast knowledge and diverse people.
My sons grandparents live in Japan, you have an ancient and amazing culture.
Congratulations(I think!) On your 3rd baby.
Jannb has a wealth of knowledge on veileds, click on her name and send her a pm, she will respond with all you need to know
We are happy you are here, anne

I would love to see some photos of your fish!
The one species of fish I am keeping currently is a pair of albino Polypterus senegalus that I have had for 6 -7 years. They are the most easy fish I have ever cared for! I do keep other animals like Veiled Chameleons, Geckos, Turtles, a Clawed Frog, many plants and of course my bichirs.

Hajimemashite!

Thankyou for the link, though when I click on it, it says I have insufficient privileges?

Welcome! I am new here as well and have a 4? month old male panther chameleon. I also have a few arowana - a Dynamic red, MerLion xback and a green. I have also kept motoro sting rays, mono pbass and a large clown knife (he's about 70 cm long now).

I tried the link and I also am told that I have insufficient privileges. Perhaps we don't have enough posts yet?

Hey!

i lived in Okinawa for 6years. miss it so much! my sis just moved back form oki-town aswell! Welcome! everyone here will be so happy to help you with your new-ist little obsession!

Welcome to the forum
Dont be suprised if she ends up not really liking to be handled - they often dont.

I used to keep Arowana too - Sorry you're having to give that hobby up, but Im sure you'll find your chameleon quite interesting too

Hajimemashite!

Thankyou for the link, though when I click on it, it says I have insufficient privileges?
Could be a private blog, I cannot view it either.

Welcome to the forums. :) Nice to see someone from that area of the world.

Hajimemashite!

Could be a private blog, I cannot view it either.

Welcome to the forums. :) Nice to see someone from that area of the world.

I don't know what's wrong with it - I don't suppose any admin or mod could take a look and find out please, because I like to recommend this blog and if nobody else can see it I'm just wasting everyones time......

As requested I took a look. You can only access the blog if you are friends with chameleons in my house. So if you are recommending it tell people you have to send a friend request to Phil, or ask Phil to change the privacy level.

Hope this was what you wanted.

Konichiwa Tokyogasmask!
No namae wa?
Watashi no namae wa Anne desu!
Youkoso Chameleon Forums!

I learned so much Japanese when I was living in Hawaii and I had to give tours in Japanese - but I have forgotten most of it, so I apologize if my grammar is incorrect. Anyway, welcome, again, to the chameleon forums. You will find a lot of information that is very helpful!

Hola Tokiogasmask san. How much have your live changed after the earthquake and subsequent Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactors meltdown? Is it true you can eat sushi in the dark the fish is so bright?...ha! Welcome.

Konichiwa Tokyogasmask!
No namae wa?
Watashi no namae wa Anne desu!
Youkoso Chameleon Forums!

I learned so much Japanese when I was living in Hawaii and I had to give tours in Japanese - but I have forgotten most of it, so I apologize if my grammar is incorrect. Anyway, welcome, again, to the chameleon forums. You will find a lot of information that is very helpful!

You speak great Japanese!
Thankyou for the welcome.

I have spent my morning today looking through information on this forum, it is very helpful.

Hola Tokiogasmask san. How much have your live changed after the earthquake and subsequent Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactors meltdown? Is it true you can eat sushi in the dark the fish is so bright?...ha! Welcome.

My and my family life has changed very much since the tsunami!
I think most of Japan has too.

Don't worry about the sushi, it is fine.
Also please remember the western media has blown a lot of this problem out of proportion. Sure there is a big problem, and I feel so deeply for the farmers in the area that have lost their livelihood, but life here goes on, and the people in the vicinity of the reactors are growing closer and stronger every day!

ganbare-nippon_design.png

Ganbare Nippon!​

As requested I took a look. You can only access the blog if you are friends with chameleons in my house. So if you are recommending it tell people you have to send a friend request to Phil, or ask Phil to change the privacy level.

Hope this was what you wanted.
Ok, thanks, I'll tell him and see what he says......

Don't worry about the sushi, it is fine.
Also please remember the western media has blown a lot of this problem out of proportion. Sure there is a big problem, and I feel so deeply for the farmers in the area that have lost their livelihood, but life here goes on, and the people in the vicinity of the reactors are growing closer and stronger every day!

Ganbare Nippon!
Lol, my brother got quite annoyed with the media coverage he saw, on sky news it was just like they were making a disaster movie (it had the same music as a film they were advertising at the same time too.......). I love Sushi!
I'd like to have a chat in Japanese but the longest sentence I know is 'Beeru futatsu desu ka' and I've probably remembered that wrong too......:D

I'd like to have a chat in Japanese but the longest sentence I know is 'Beeru futatsu desu ka' and I've probably remembered that wrong too......:D

*hands you 12 pack* There ya go. That should tide you over for a while :p

tokyogasmask said:
You speak great Japanese!
domo arigato gozaimasu!

Do you live in Tokyo or do you live near Tokyo? My dear friend, Natsumi, lives in Narashino-shi, Chiba. I visited her a few years ago and it was so awesome! You are lucky to live there. :)

Back
Top Bottom