Hello Everone new here

frantzann1

So I have a veiled Chameleon named Izzy I believe he is a male he has little spurs growing on the back of his hind feet. I got him in November. My daughter had one named Pablo. Let me tell you the difference in temperments Pablo loved coming out and loved being handled on the other hand Izzy well broke the mold with him serious attitude hates coming out had while my daughter tried to get him up puffed up and hissed at her he has tried hissing at me a couple times when he did that I waited till he calmed down till i put him back that may not be right but it worked. I wonder if they know their owner verses someone else? He is at the between stage where I give him small and medium crickets yes live.
Ann

It probably will take sometimes for you n ur family members to get better interact with the chamys,try see if you can use the food as a ice breaker,be patience n persistent but not forcefully,time and food are the best solution for some resisting cham,best luck to you n ur chamy:)

It probably will take sometimes for you n ur family members to get better interact with the chamys,try see if you can use the food as a ice breaker,be patience n persistent but not forcefully,time and food are the best solution for some resisting cham,best luck to you n ur chamy:)

Hello again,
I have been doing research on things like when to get a bigger habitat and should I present him with different foods. what is your thoughts on this. Any advise would be great.
thank you Ann

Since u got them back in November,i will say he has to be around 5 to 6 month now,so The answer for you is a green light go to get a bigger enclosures cage,and another yes to get them different types of food like gutloaded crickets ,dubia and silkworm with superworms as treats along with ur daily calcium supplements:)

Since u got them back in November,i will say he has to be around 5 to 6 month now,so The answer for you is a green light go to get a bigger enclosures cage,and another yes to get them different types of food like gutloaded crickets ,dubia and silkworm with superworms as treats along with ur daily calcium supplements:)

I do give the crickets gutload cricket drink and orange cubes for crickets, I also dust crickets with calcium. do you give yours vitamins?

Every chameleon is different with different personalities. Generally chameleons are a look and not so much touch animal. Mine for instance doesn't like to be touched but others here on the forums will come out.
They get calcium without d3 at every feeding calcium with d3 and a multivitamin twice a month but not at the same time

orange cubes for crickets
The orange cube contains no nutrition values for your chams and its already process not naturally like the fresh collard green,carrots,dandelion...etc,and yes the multivitamin are an essential item for your chamy health,just use it twice a month lightly dust on ur feeders,along with calcium w D3 daily ,calcium without D3 twice a month also.

The orange cube contains no nutrition values for your chams and its already process not naturally like the fresh collard green,carrots,dandelion...etc,and yes the multivitamin are an essential item for your chamy health,just use it twice a month lightly dust on ur feeders,along with calcium w D3 daily ,calcium without D3 twice a month also.

I hope I'm not annoying you with all the questions. The orange cubes are for the crickets to eat I don't give to my chameleon.

I hope I'm not annoying you with all the questions. The orange cubes are for the crickets to eat I don't give to my chameleon.
Yes the cubes have no nutritional value for your crickets therefore no value to your Cham. I'm at work so I can't find the thread of things to feed your crickets that are best. But I feed mine carrots kale peppers and a mix of other things

No worries,Im in a great mood right now since my new born chamy came out of his egg shell today:)
As far as the orange tube being eaten by your crickets,it will still stay inside of the crickets digestive systems so once your chamy eat the crickets,it will be indirectly absorb all those processes ingredients to your chamy,sort like if you feed the cow some drying dead grass versus the cow eats a freshly cut grass then pass on to the human to drink their milk,I as a strong human mankind,will pick that fresh grass eating cow for sure:)

No worries,Im in a great mood right now since my new born chamy came out of his egg shell today:)
As far as the orange tube being eaten by your crickets,it will still stay inside of the crickets digestive systems so once your chamy eat the crickets,it will be indirectly absorb all those processes ingredients to your chamy,sort like if you feed the cow some drying dead grass versus the cow eats a freshly cut grass then pass on to the human to drink their milk,I as a strong human mankind,will pick that fresh grass eating cow for sure:)

Congratulations on your new babies I'm so happy for you. I never though of it that way everything the crickets eat absorb into izzy.

Thank you very much:D,yes when next time you go for your supermarket food shopping,please pick u up some fresh vegetables look on the ingredients for calcium as long is not calcium binding oxalate vegetables,you should be in a good hand ,the vegetables is great for human "gutloading" too :p

Here are some choice for u to use as gutloading
Veggies good for chameleons include (but are not limited to) the following:
collard greens
mustard greens
dandelion greens
escarole
endive
carrot greens
green beans
hard squashes
parsley

Fruits and veggies can be fed sparingly:
spinach
romaine
kale
carrots
honeydew
canteloupe
strawberry
grapes
apple

Iceberg lettuce and avocados should be avoided completely!
And if u can,get the organic one ,its much better.

Back
Top Bottom