Hello dehydration! =\

you get a carpet, claim to love him so much, find out it's a girl, trade it in for a sick chameleon, it dies, now you want a panther? what are you going to do if it's a girl or not the color you like, trade it in again? yeah you really do the best to take care of your guys. that's if you decide to keep it first :rolleyes: you treat them like they were shoes.

Not that i just keep trading them because i want better or anything, i just don't want a female, i specified that i didnt want a female and the place she ordered from didnt even know about the buldge to look for when she called back. She said she could order me another one from them, but i didnt want to take the risk. I've had 2 females get pregnant and they both died from the stress of the pregnancy, along with a difficult birth. They were both Jackson's and i cant even imagine if i had a cham that didnt have live birth, she could get egg bound. Its all just something i dont want to worry about, that's why i traded her for the jackson, i mean i KNEW he was dehydrated, but i didnt know how bad it was until i started caring for him. The little girl i traded has been sold to a family that will love and care for her. I met them when they came in to get her, they said they have a female now that just layed eggs so they're experienced with the egg laying bin and stuff. I'm not throwing my chameleons out of my life because i want a specific color or anything, i just want a male, is that too much to ask for? :eek:

i just want a male, is that too much to ask for?

No it's not. Over and over I've seen people who ordered a male but got a female advised to send it back. There's nothing at all wrong in returning an animal that was not the gender you requested and paid for.

No it's not. Over and over I've seen people who ordered a male but got a female advised to send it back. There's nothing at all wrong in returning an animal that was not the gender you requested and paid for.

Agreed, especially if it is done respectfully (sounds like it was) and if you do not feel comfortable with caring for a female. I would just caution that you be careful not to view them as products or merchandise. But of course that is based on my own personal philosophical view of things.

What worried me was that you traded a sick chameleon from somewhere (I assumed it arrived sick) for your healthy carpet. The fact that they sold(traded) it to you severely ill without a second thought seems like a red flag that the carpet could potentially be in danger there. Just my thought.

[Edit]

I am not trying to criticize here, my hunch is that this was a judgement call on your part and was based on weighing a bunch of factors. I would just be a little hesitant dealing with these people. Then again, I do not know them and was not there- they could be legit, who knows.

no and thank you for your concern, she is going to order from the Chameleon Company, and as soon as they come in i get first pick on the males, she is ordering 3 :) so i will make sure to check for any sickness especially dehydration that i can see from the naked eye :)

no and thank you for your concern, she is going to order from the Chameleon Company, and as soon as they come in i get first pick on the males, she is ordering 3 :) so i will make sure to check for any sickness especially dehydration that i can see from the naked eye :)

Well I say lucky you! Can't wait to see the pictures! Sounds like a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom