Heavy Smoke in the Air

John PDX

I live in Oregon and we currently have the worst air quality in the world right now due to wild fires. How concerned should I be for Deuce (his name) he is about 4-6 months old. He is inside but we still have a lot of smoke in the air. I noticed he is not his normal lime green self and has his stress colors on. he is eating normally.
20200914_094843.jpg

If you have an air purifier that will help. I am south of you in Eureka and we have been getting hit pretty hard with the smoke. I am leaving windows closed and not taking mine outside.
He does not look stressed to me. Just looks like a happy guy enjoying his enclosure... It may just be coincidence if your noticing different displays of color. If he is more on the 6 months end in age he is starting to hit maturity.

I am in Woodburn between Portland and Salem and we haven't seen the sun for days. I have 2 adults and currently 7 babies about 2 1/2 months old.
My male and female are by windows they look out all day, they have both seemed "dingy" in color, but otherwise fine. Female is very gravid.
The babies can not see out side and are normal bright green, active and happy.

First don't be too worried. Much like yourself, don't go running or exercising out in it, but indoors is OK. Fire is part of nature, so don't throw him out in the thick smoke and he will be fine.

I do wonder if their is an instinct that detects the smoke in the air, meaning fire danger to them, which could add some stress.

If you have an air purifier that will help. I am south of you in Eureka and we have been getting hit pretty hard with the smoke. I am leaving windows closed and not taking mine outside.
He does not look stressed to me. Just looks like a happy guy enjoying his enclosure... It may just be coincidence if your noticing different displays of color. If he is more on the 6 months end in age he is starting to hit maturity.

Back
Top Bottom